手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Thank you. Thank you.

谢谢。谢谢。
I told all my friends I was just gonna come up here and say 'thank you' and walk off.
我告诉我所有的朋友们,我上来就说个谢谢然后就走。
I can't. There's no way. I got too many people I gotta thank.
不。不可能的。有太多我需要感谢的人。
In all the videos, you never just saw me; you saw Scottie Pippin. Every Championship I won.
你在那些集锦中看到的永远不只有我一个人,你还会看到斯科蒂·皮蓬。还有我们获得的每个冠军。
I've had a lot of questions over the last four weeks, and everybody's saying 'well, why'd you pick David Thompson?'
在过去的四个星期里我收到了很多的问题,每个人都想问,为什么你选了大卫·汤普森(当你的推荐人)?
I know why, and David knows why, and maybe you guys don't know why,
我知道为什么,大卫也知道为什么,但你们可能不知道,
but as I grew up in North Carolina, I was 11 years old in 1974 I think when you guys won the championship.
我在北卡罗来纳州长大,在我11岁那年,好像是1974年吧,你们赢了大西洋海岸联盟决赛。
And uh, I was an anti-Carolina guy -- I hated UNC, and here I ended up at UNC.
我当时个人是不支持北卡罗来纳大学的,甚至是讨厌他们的,可是我最后还是上了北卡。
But I was in love with David Thompson.
但是我很欣赏大卫·汤普森。
Not just for the game of basketball, but in terms of what he represented.
不仅仅是喜欢看他打球,更欣赏他身上具有的那种特质。
You know, we all -- as Vivienne said -- we go through our trials and tribulations.
正如薇薇安所说,我们都曾经历过重重磨难。
And, he did. And I was inspired by him.
他克服了它们。我被他的精神所激励。
And when I called him and asked him to uh, stand up for me, I know that I shocked the shit outta him.
当我打电话邀请他做我的举荐人时,我知道我把他给吓尿了。
I know I did. But... he was very kind and said 'yea, I'll do it.'
我知道的。但是他非常的大度,然后说,“行,那我来吧。”

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲

And that wasn't out of disrespect to any of my Carolina guys -- they all know I'm a true blue Carolina guy to the heart.

我可不是不尊重咱北卡人,大伙儿都知道我是留着蓝色血液的北卡人。
Coach Smith, Larry Brown, Sam Perkins, James Worthy -- you know, all of those guys.
迪恩·史密斯教练、拉里·布朗、萨姆·博金斯、詹姆斯·沃西,我和他们是一样的。
Well, it all starts with my parents
我想从我的父母开始说起,
you guys see all the highlights; what is it about me that you guys don't know?
你们看到的都是我的高光时刻,但是有哪些关于我的,是你们不知道的呢?
Uh, as I sat up here and watch all the other recipients stand up here and they give the history;
当我坐在底下,观看其他入选者站在这里讲述他们的过往的时候,
there's so many things I didn't know about Jerry Sloan.
比如说关于杰里·斯隆,我有太多之前根本不了解的事情。
I know he lived on a farm, but I didn't know he was in a small classroom from the first grade to the eighth grade.
我知道他住在一个农场里,但我不知道他从一年级到八年级一直都在一个小教室里。
Even David Robinson -- obviously I've known David for some time and you know,
甚至是大卫·罗宾逊,我认识大卫很久了,
I've found some things out about him, and even with John I found some bad things -- or good things out about him.
但是今天还是听了不少关于他的事情,还有约翰·斯托克顿干过的好事和糗事。
And even Viv -- Viv, I've known Viv for years.
还有薇薇安,我和她相识很多年了。
Her and my father and my Mom spent a lot of time on the Nike trips and I found out a lot of good things about her,
她和我父母在耐克做的活动中接触过很长时间,我今天又听到了不少关于她的传奇,
but what about me that you guys don't know?
那关于我,有什么是你们不知道的呢?
I got two brothers -- James and Larry -- they're 5'4", 5'5" in height.
我有两个兄弟,詹姆斯和拉里。他俩一个5英尺4英寸、一个5英尺5英寸。
They gave me all I could ever ask for as a brother in terms of competition.
在竞争方面,他们给了我作为兄弟所能要求的一切。
You know you would think -- my brother Larry is an ideal situation where small things come in small packages;
就是这样,我哥拉里,无论大小事物什么都要和我争上一争,
this dude fought me every single day.
这家伙每天都和我作对。
And to the extent that my mother used to come out and make us come in because we were fighting way too much.
到了某些时候,我母亲都得出面,让我们进来,因为我们争得太激烈了。
And my older brother was always gone -- he served in the Army for 31 years.
我的大哥则很少在家,他在军队服役了31年。
And the competition didn't stop there
竞争远不止如此,
my sister, who is one year younger than me, Raz, never wanted to be home by herself.
我妹妹萝丝,比我小一岁,天天不安于室。
She took classes -- extra classes to graduate from High School with me,
她会上额外的课程,跟我一同高中毕业,
to go to University of North Carolina with me, and to graduate -- prior -- than me.
和我一起上北卡罗来纳大学,竟然还比我早毕业!
And you guys sit there asking where is my competition or where did my competitive nature come from? It came from them.
你们不是总问我,我的好胜心从何而来,我的好胜天性从何而来吗?这都是他们逼的。
It came from my older sister, who's not here today.
甚至我的老姐也参与其中,她今天不在这里。
And my father, who's not here today -- obviously he's with us in all of us.
还有我的父亲,他已经不在了,但是他的灵魂与我们同在。
I mean my competitive nature has gone a long way from the first time I picked up any sport
我的好胜天性从我第一次接触运动开始就显露了,
baseball, football, ran track, basketball -- anything to miss class, I played it.
无论是棒球,橄榄球,田径,篮球,只要能翘课的,我都玩儿。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆
competitive [kəm'petitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 竞争的,比赛的

联想记忆
inspired [in'spaiəd]

想一想再看

adj. 有创见的,有灵感的

联想记忆
championship ['tʃæmpiənʃip]

想一想再看

n. 锦标赛,冠军,拥护

 
competition [kɔmpi'tiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 比赛,竞争,竞赛

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
disrespect [.disri'spekt]

想一想再看

n. 不敬,无礼 vt. 不尊敬

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
prior ['praiə]

想一想再看

adj. 优先的,更重要的,在前的
adv.

 
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。