“This is magic at its deepest, its most impenetrable, Harry.
“这是最深层的法力,最无法看透的,哈利,
But trust me… the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life.”
但是请相信我……迟早你会为你救了彼德吉雷一命而高兴的。”
Harry couldn't imagine when that would be.
哈利无法想象这种情况什么时候才会到来,
Dumbledore looked as though he knew what Harry was thinking.
丹伯多看起来好像是看透了哈利的心思似的。
“I knew your father very well, both at Hogwarts and later, Harry,”
“我非常了解你爸爸,不论是在霍格瓦彻的时候还是后来,哈利,
he said gently. “He would have saved Pettigrew too, I am sure of it.”
他轻声说,“他也会救彼德吉雷的,我相信这一点。”
Harry looked up at him. Dumbledore wouldn't laugh — he could tell Dumbledore…
哈利抬头望着他,丹伯多没有笑——是应该告诉他了。
“I thought it was my dad who'd conjured my Patronus.
“昨天晚上,我以为那是我爸爸变出了吧卓尼斯。
I mean, when I saw myself across the lake … I thought I was seeing him.”
我是指当我看见我自己穿过湖面的时候……我以为我看见的是他。”
“An easy mistake to make,” said Dumbledore softly. “I expect you'll tire of hearing it,
“这种错误很容易犯的,”丹伯多柔声说,“我想你可能不想再听别人这样讲,
but you do look extraordinarily like James. Except for the eyes… you have your mother's eyes.”
但是你真的很像你爸爸……除了你的眼睛……那看起来像你妈妈的。”
Harry shook his head.
哈利摇了摇头。
“It was stupid, thinking it was him,” he muttered. “I mean, I knew he was dead.”
“太愚蠢了,认为那是他,”他咕哝着,“我是说我明明知道他已经死了。”
“You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us?
“你认为我们所深爱着的去世的人会真的离开我们吗?
You think that we don't recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?
你不认为在你遇到麻烦时,你会更强烈地想起他们吗?
Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him.
但爸爸活在你的心里,哈利,而且他会在你最需要他的时候现身。
How else could you produce that particular Patronus? Prongs rode again last night.”
否则的话,你怎么能变出吧卓泥斯呢?昨天晚上,帕特纳斯又跑来了。”