Harry stared up at Dumbledore. “And then she sort of became normal again, and she couldn't remember anything she'd said.
哈利盯着丹伯多,“然后,她又变得正常了,但是她记不起她说了些什么。
Was it — was she making a real prediction?”
是不是——是不是她预言了什么?”
Dumbledore looked mildly impressed.
丹伯多看起来并不很在意。
“Do you know, Harry, I think she might have been.” he said thoughtfully.
“知道吗?哈利,我想她也许预言了什么,”他沉思着说,
“Who'd have thought it? That brings her total of real predictions up to two. I should offer her a pay raise….”
“谁愿意去想这些呢?这使她预言的全部归于两种结果,我想我应当给她增加薪水。”
“But —” Harry looked at him, aghast. How could Dumbledore take this so calmly?
“但是——”哈利看着他,张大了嘴,丹伯多怎么可以这么平静地对待这件事呢?
“But — I stopped Sirius and Professor Lupin from killing Pettigrew!
“但是——我阻止西里斯和露平教授杀死彼德吉雷!
That makes it my fault if Voldemort comes back!”
这是我的错,如果福尔得摩特卷土重来!”
“It does not,” said Dumbledore quietly. “Hasn't your experience with the Time-Turner taught you anything, Harry?
“不会的,”丹伯多平静地说,“难道你使用时间转换器的经验还没让你知道一些东西吗?哈利。
The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse,
我们做事的因与果是相当复杂的,多变的,
that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed….
所以预测未来实在是一件相当复杂的事……
Professor Trelawney, bless her, is living proof of that….
特雷络尼教授,这是一个活生生的证据,
You did a very noble thing, in saving Pettigrew's life.”
你做了一件高贵的事,救了彼德吉雷的命。”
“But if he helps Voldemort back to power…”
“但是如果他帮助福尔得摩特重新纠集力量——”
“Pettigrew owes his life to you. You have sent Voldemort a deputy who is in your debt….
“彼德吉雷欠你一条命。你将一个欠你债的人当作代表派到了福尔得摩特那里。
When one wizard saves another wizard's life, it creates a certain bond between them…
当一个魔法师救了另一个魔法师的性命的时候,他们之间便产生了某种联系……
and I'm much mistaken if Voldemort wants his servant in the debt of Harry Potter.”
同时我会非常疑惑如果福尔得摩特还让他的手下找哈利-波特复仇。“
“I don't want a connection with Pettigrew!” said Harry. “He betrayed my parents!”
“我不想与彼德吉雷有任何关系!”哈利说,“他出卖了我的父母。”