Harry found his own leg and gave it a very hard pinch.
哈利在自己的腿上狠狠地掐了一把。
It hurt a lot, which seemed to rule out the possibility that he was having a very bizarre dream.
非常的疼,看来它驱去了是在做一个离奇的梦的可能性。
“But —”“Shh! Listen! Someone's coming! I think — I think it might be us!’
“但是_””嗨!听着!有人来了!我想——我想,那也许是我们。
Hermione had her ear pressed against the cupboard door.
“荷米恩将她的耳朵贴在了橱壁上。
“Footsteps across the hall… yes, I think it's us going down to Hagrid's!”
“脚步声从大堂传来……是的,我想那是我们当时在进入哈格力大堂。”
“Are you telling me,” Harry whispered, “that we're here in this cupboard and we're out there too?”
“你是在告诉我,”哈利低着问,“我们在这个壁橱里,但又在这个壁橱外吗?”
“Yes,” said Hermione, her ear still glued to the cupboard door.
“是的。”荷米恩说,她的耳朵仍然贴在橱壁上,
“I'm sure it's us. It doesn't sound like more than three people…
“我确信是我们,绝不会多于三个人……
and we're walking slowly because we're under the Invisibility Cloak — “
我们走得很慢,因为我们穿着隐形斗篷。”
She broke off, still listening intently.
她停了下来,仍然专心地听着。
“We've gone down the front steps….” Hermione sat down on an upturned bucket,
“我们走下了前面的台阶……”荷米恩坐在了一个向上翘起的铲斗上,
looking desperately anxious, but Harry wanted a few questions answered.
焦急地注视着,哈利想要问几个问题。
“Where did you get that hourglass thing?”
“你在哪儿搞到这时间球的?”
“It's called a Time-Turner,” Hermione whispered, “and I got it from Professor McGonagall on our first day back.
“它叫作‘时间回转器’,”荷米恩说,“我们回来的第一天,我从麦康娜教授那拿来的,
I've been using it all year to get to all my lessons. Professor McGonagall made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone.
我发誓不告诉任何人。
She had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry of Magic so I could have one.
为了能够得到它,她给魔法部写了各种各样的保证。
She had to tell them that I was a model student, and that I'd never, ever use it for anything except my studies…
她得告诉他们我是一个模范学生,除了在学习上,我决不会利用它做别的事情……
I've been turning it back so I could do hours over again, that's how I've been doing several lessons at once, see?
我要转动它,才能使时间回转。这就是我为什么一下子就学会了好几年的课程的原因,明白了吗?