手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

寻找锤头鲨(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This time on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, Jonathan is testing a new camera system—with hammerhead sharks!

在这一集乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》里,乔纳森用锤头鲨测试一个新的摄像系统!
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird, and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Here at Blue World we're really excited about a new theatrical project we're working on and today we're going to take you behind the scenes!
在蓝色世界中,我们对正在进行的一个新的戏剧项目感到非常兴奋,今天我们将带你到幕后去!
I'm testing the feasibility of using a special kind of camera called a RED to shoot a film for fulldome theaters,
我正在测试使用一种叫RED的特殊摄像机,为全穹顶影院拍摄电影的可行性。
which are theaters with a hemispherical screen that make the audience feel immersed in the subject.
全穹顶影院是一个半球形屏幕的影院,让观众感觉沉浸在这个主题中。
A good place for a test is nice clear water, so I have come down to West Palm Beach to board the Dolphin Dream,
一个测试的好地方是清澈的海水,所以我来到西棕榈滩登上海豚梦号。
one of my favorite dive boats, run by one of my favorite captains—Captain Scotty.
这是我最喜欢的潜水船之一,由我最喜欢一位船长斯科蒂驾驶。
Cameraman Todd has joined me and we also invited my friend Mauricio Handler,
摄影师托德也加入了我的行列,我们还邀请了我的朋友莫里西奥·汉德勒。
a cameraman for National Geographic who has volunteered to give us an introduction to the RED and let me learn on his camera system.
他是一位国家地理杂志的摄影师,他自愿为我们介绍RED,让我了解他的摄像系统。
We depart from the dock and make our way across the Gulf stream to the Bahamas.
我们从码头出发,穿过墨西哥湾前往巴哈马。
The wind is strong, making the crossing pretty rough, but it will be worth it when we get there!
风很大,横渡的旅程很崎岖,但我们到那里时,一切都值得了!
We're hoping to test the camera with some big sharks—Great Hammerheads!
我们希望用大鲨鱼鎚头鲨来测试摄像机!
I've seen a lot of Scalloped hammerheads in places like Cocos Island and the Galapagos, but I've never seen a Great Hammerhead.
我在科科斯岛和加拉帕戈斯群岛等地见过很多路氏双髻鲨,但我从未见过鎚头鲨。
Once we reach the Bahamas and get anchored, the crew starts the process of chumming for sharks.
我们到达巴哈马抛锚后,船员们就开始寻找鲨鱼。
Until they arrive, we keep busy by doing some test shots on the boat.
在他们到达之前,我们一直忙着在船上做一些测试。
Mauricio gives me a run-down on the underwater housing and we discuss the special fisheye lens I have to use to shoot for fulldome theaters.
毛里西奥给了我介绍了一下水下壳体的情况,我们讨论了特殊的鱼眼镜头,我要用它拍摄全穹顶影院。
It produces a rounded, distorted image in the frame, which actually looks straight again when it's projected on the dome-shaped movie screen.
它会在画面中产生一个圆形、扭曲的图像,当它投射到圆顶形的电影屏幕上时,实际上看起来又是笔直的。
It's pretty weird.
这很奇怪。
Hopefully all this chum will bring in the Hammerheads!
希望所有这些响动都能带来锤头鲨!
I suit up to have a look down below and see if any sharks are showing up for the party.
我想看看下面有没有鲨鱼来参加趴体。
Mauricio and Todd film me suiting up with the fisheye lens to see how it will look on the dome screen.
莫里西奥和托德用鱼眼镜头拍摄了我穿上潜水衣,想看看它在穹顶屏幕上播出来的样子。
My first act when I get into the water is to shake the chum box a little and get that chum scent going!
我下水后的第一个动作就是稍微摇一摇那个调情盒,让味道散发出来!
Down on the bottom, divemaster Sonny Hughes is chumming too, so we have chum hanging off the boat and more chum on the bottom.
在船底,潜水长桑尼·休斯也在咕噜咕噜地叫着。这样,我们就有人在船上,更多的人在下面。
If this doesn't get sharks, I don't know what will!
如果这样招不来鲨鱼,我不知道怎么弄才行了!
So far all we have are some fish and a big remora!
到目前为止,我们看到一些鱼和一条大鲫鱼!

1.png

We decide to do a little exploring.

我们决定做一点探索。
The sea floor here is just flat sand as far as we can see, but sometimes the sand holds surprises.
据我们所见,这里的海底只是平坦的沙滩。但有时沙滩上会有惊喜。
I spot a seafan overgrown with seaweed and fuzzy, stinging hydroids—like an oasis in the sandy desert sea floor.
我发现了一个长满海藻和毛茸茸刺状水螅虫的石帆,就像沙漠海底的一片绿洲。
And wouldn't you know it, there's a little octopus hiding at the base.
你不知道吗,底下藏着一只小章鱼。
There aren't many places to hide out here on the sand, and this little octopus is doing the best it can!
在沙滩上没有多少地方可以藏身,这只小章鱼已经尽力而为!
Sometimes an octopus will get curious about the warmth of a human hand and come out to investigate, but I think this one is just too shy.
有时,章鱼会对人手的温暖感到好奇,然后出来查看。但我觉得这只章鱼太害羞了。
Moving on, we eventually come across a pile of junk.
继续往前走,我们最后碰到了一堆垃圾。
It's an old boat and a golf cart tossed into a heap.
那是一艘旧船和一辆高尔夫球车,被扔在这。
The local fishermen create these little artificial reefs out in the sand because they attract fish.
当地的渔民在沙上造出这些人工小礁石,因为它们能吸引鱼。
It really does work as you can see.
正如你所看到的,它确实有效。
In addition to lots of snapper and grunts, a few lionfish are hanging around too.
除了许多鲷鱼和咕噜鱼,还有些狮子鱼也在附近徘徊。
The artificial reef is cool, but it's time to go check on the shark situation.
人工鱼礁很酷,但该去看看鲨鱼的情况了。
They're still chumming, and waiting.
他们还在吵闹地等着呢。
But things are looking up.
但情况正在好转。
A big nurse shark has come in.
来了一条铰口鲨。
With its large entourage of remoras, the nurse shark works up the courage to come in close and snap up a delicious piece of fish.
有巨大的鲫鱼跟随,这条铰口鲨鼓起勇气靠近,还捉到一条美味的鱼。
Then, out in the hazy distance, a sharky shape!
然后,远处朦朦胧胧之中,有一个鲨鱼状的影儿!
And it's approaching!
它来了!
A Great Hammerhead!
锤头鲨!
It circles around the bait box, looking for tasty treats.
它绕着诱饵盒转,寻找美味的食物。
Great Hammerheads are notoriously shy, but this one managed to overcome its fear for a snack.
众所周知,锤头鲨很害羞,但这一条设法克服了对零食的恐惧。
Seeing it up close, I now understand why they're called "Great".
近距离观察,我现在明白为什么它们被称做“大鲨鱼”。
These sharks are much bigger than I imagined.
这些鲨鱼比我想象的大得多。
They make scalloped hammerheads look like juveniles.
它们使双髻鲨看起来就像幼鱼。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
scent [sent]

想一想再看

n. 气味,香味,痕迹
vt. 闻出,发觉,使

 
investigate [in'vestigeit]

想一想再看

v. 调查,研究
[计算机] 研究

联想记忆
oasis [əu'eisis]

想一想再看

n. 绿洲,避风港,宜人之地

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
depart [di'pɑ:t]

想一想再看

vt. 离开
vi. 离开,死亡,脱轨

联想记忆
junk [dʒʌŋk]

想一想再看

n. 垃圾,废旧杂物,中国平底帆船
vt. 丢

 
overcome [.əuvə'kʌm]

想一想再看

vt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 玛雅的地下世界(2) 2019-12-26
  • 玛雅的地下世界(3) 2020-01-04
  • 寻找锤头鲨(下) 2020-02-17
  • 洞穴潜水训练(上) 2020-02-20
  • 洞穴潜水训练(中) 2020-02-25
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。