So here, you're going to see some simulated robots.
这里,你们可以看到一些模拟机器人。
So the simulated robot has a motion rule, which is how it traverses through the structure, looking for a place to fit in,
模拟机器人有自己的运动规则,指导它如何穿越结构体,找到一个合适的地方,
and it has pattern rules where it looks at groups of blocks to decide whether to place a block.
同时它也有排布规则,它会查看组块来决定是否放下一个方块。
And with the right motion rules and the right pattern rules, we can actually get the robots to build whatever we want.
有了正确的运动和样式规则之后,我们就能让机器人建造出我们想要的任何东西。
And of course, everybody wants their own tower.
当然每个人都想要属于自己的塔楼。
So once we have these rules, we can start to create the robot bodies that go with these rules.
一旦我们有了这些规则,我们就可以开始创造能遵守这些规则的机器人。
So here, you see a robot that can climb over blocks,
在这儿你们能看到可以爬上方块的机器人,
but it can also lift and move these blocks and it can start to edit the very structure that it's on.
但它也可以举起和移动这些方块,可以编辑它所在的结构体。
But with these rules, this is really only one kind of robot body that you could imagine.
但即便有了这些规则,这也仅仅只是你们能想到的机器人中的一种。
You could imagine many different kinds of robot bodies.
你们可以想象许多不同种类的机器人。
So if you think about robots that maybe could move sandbags and could help build levees,
如果你觉得机器人也许可以移动沙袋,并帮助建筑堤坝,
or we could think of robots that built out of soft materials and worked together to shore up a collapsed building
或者我们想象机器人可以用柔软的材料造成共同支撑倒塌的建筑,
so just the same kind of rules in different kinds of bodies.
只是把同样的规则用于不同种类的机器人。
Or if, like my group, you are completely obsessed with army ants,
或是像我的团队一样,你完全着迷于行军蚁,
then maybe one day we can make robots that can climb over literally anything including other members of their tribe,
那么也许有一天我们能让机器人攀爬所有的东西,包括它们部落中的其它成员,
and self-assemble things out of their own bodies.
或者用它们自身自组装一些东西。
Once you understand the rules, just many different kinds of robot visions become possible.
一旦你明白了这些规律,许多不同的机器人愿景都将成为可能。