Everyone, welcome back to dnews, I'm Laci Green.
大家好,欢迎回到dnews栏目,我是莱希·格林。
The moment is finally here, guys, on December 21st 2012, it's all over,
这一刻终于来了,2012年12月21日,一切都完蛋了,
the world is headed for certain demise.
世界正在走向灭亡。
And since it's our last week, we wanted to ruminate and reflect on our imminent death,
既然已经是最后一周了,我们想对即将到来的死亡做一些反思,
which is why every day this week Trace, Anthony and I will be guiding you gently towards the bright light at the end of the tunnel.
这也是为什么这周的每一天崔西, 安东尼和我都将温柔地引导你走向隧道尽头的光明的原因。
We'll be talking about what the deal is with the Mayan calendar,
我们会讨论玛雅历法是怎么回事,
how you can save your own life and how the end it's gonna happen.
大家应该如何自救,以及末日究竟会是神马样子。
Now I remember first hearing about the so called "mine apocalypse" about three or four years ago,
记得我第一次听说所谓的“我的末日”是在三四年前,
there is this guy on my way to school, he was like handing out these flyers and shouting about our days being numbered,
有一个人在我去学校的路上,他好像是在发传单,口中还大喊着我们已经时日不多了,
obviously I ran him off because that's what I usually do when people tell me that my days are numbered.
显然,我把他赶走了,因为别人说我日子已经不多了我通常都是这么做的。
But then I started to hear about it more, people asking whether or not doomsday was coming.
但后来听人们问世界末日是否就要来了这种话的次数只增不减。
If all the natural disasters could be early sign that the Mayan people known
如果所有的自然灾害都是玛雅人早已得知的,
for their astronomical prowess predicted the end thousands of years ago
他们用天文才能在几千年前就预言到了的世界末日的早期迹象,
and it's supposedly this big thing.
那这应该算是件大事了。
But in my world, the hype dined down pretty quickly.
不过,在我的世界里,这场喧嚣很快就消失了。
Most people that I know definitely thinks the whole thing's kind of silly,
我认识的大多数人都觉得这整个说法都有些可笑,
but there are people who don't feel this way.
但也有人不这么认为。
In fact there are people who really really don't think this is a joking matter.
事实上,有些人真的真的不认为这是开玩笑的事。
Recently NASA Shared a flood of disturbing emails they've been receiving from the American public.
最近,NASA分享了他们从美国民众那里收到的大量令人不安的电子邮件。
One woman wrote, "Yesterday I was considering killing myself, the baby in my stomach and my beloved two-year-old daughter
有一名妇女写道:“昨天我考虑过在2012年12月之前,杀死自己,
before December 2012 for fear of having to experience the Earth's destruction."
还有腹中的婴儿和我深爱的两岁女儿,因为我害怕陷入地球毁灭的时刻。”
A 13 year old said: "I'm considering suicide. I'm scared to tears...and I don't want to live anymore."
一个13岁的孩子也说:“我在考虑自杀。我害怕得哭了……我不想再活下去了。”
And another worried individual wrote: "I'm so scared. My only friend is my little dog. When should I put her to sleep so she won't suffer when the earth is destroyed?"
另一位忧心忡忡的网友也写道:“我好害怕。我唯一的朋友就是我的狗狗。我应该什么时候让她永远地睡过去,以免她遭受地球毁灭时的痛苦呢?”
It's not just America either.
不仅仅是美国。
In France, people have started flocking to bugarach, a tiny hilltop town,
在法国,大家也已经开始涌向山顶小镇布加拉什,
where Mayan comrades say a magnetic force surrounds the town's mystical mountain.
因为玛雅人的同伙们说,这座神秘的大山周围有一股磁力。
A town population 200 has contended with over 20,000 visitors since the start of last year,
去年年初以来,这个200人的小镇前前后后已经与2万多名游客较过劲了,
and the French government is worried about a mass suicide.
法国政府甚至担心会出现集体自杀。
At a Russian prison anxieties over the Mayan apocalypse became so intense this month,
本月,玛雅人的末日预言引发了俄罗斯一座监狱里的犯人们严重的焦虑情绪,
the inmates began breaking out in a psychotic rage of disturbing thoughts.
他们开始表现出狂怒的情绪。
Many of them became physically ill, they were having seizures, I honestly like don't know what to feel.
很多人都生病了,甚至犯了癫痫,我真的不知道我应该抱以什么样的感觉。
It's really messed up, I just want to tell him, um, it's not sound real.
真的很糟糕,我只想告诉他们,世界末日这种话听着并不真实。
So, please don't kill yourself or your children, okay?
所以,请不要杀死你自己或你的孩子,好吗?
Okay, maybe the American Psychiatric Association should be handling this issue, not NASA, know what I'm saying?
好了,也许这个问题应该由美国精神病学协会来处理,而不是让NASA来处理,你明白我的意思吗?
So y'all feel free to share your thoughts on this dooms day crazyness down below.
所以,在这个世界末日的疯狂时刻,你们可以自由地分享你们的想法。
And check back tomorrow because Anthony's going to be breaking down the Mayan calendar.
大家明天记得回来看更新噢,因为安东尼会在明天的视频中证明玛雅历法并不会灵验。
We'll see you again soon.
大家回头见啦。