手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

利用好12小时 让生活更幸福

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

For me to kind of balance it all I came up with this notion of what I call the 12-Hour Rule.

为了平衡生活中的一切 我想出了这个概念 我把它叫做“12小时规则”

It's very easy to tell someone to do something, but telling them how is a different story.

告诉别人做某事很容易 但难的是告诉他们怎么去做

Love yourself more.

要多爱自己一点

Okay great, well I've always been told I was crap so how do I get to that headspace?

没问题 但经常有人说我是垃圾 我怎么可能更爱自己?

Make time for yourself. Prioritize your well being.

给自己留点时间 把你的幸福放在首位

Yeah well I'm spread so thin you can see through me. How?

可以 但我每天忙成狗 哪有时间留给自己?

233.png

So the how for me was this 12-Hour Rule.

所以怎么做就是我的“12小时规则”

I said all right I'm going to focus on sleep I want to get seven to eight hours of sleep a night;

我说 好 我要睡觉了 我每晚想睡到七至八小时

that's going to leave me with about 112 waking hours in my week.

这样我一周就有112小时是醒着的

If I do 50 hours on work, 40 hours is the normal workweek, I'm going to add ten.

如果我一周工作50小时 其中40小时是正常的工作时间 那我就再增加10个小时

If I do 50 hours on running my household, and if you're lucky enough to not to be a single parent

如果我做家务要花50小时 而且如果你足够幸运 不是单身父母

and you have a significant other you get to borrow some of their 50 hours to run the household.

你还有另一半 可以从他们那里借用50小时来做家务

So this is our worse case scenario and this is where you're taking the dog to the vet

所以这是更为糟糕的情况 你需要带狗去看兽医

and you're taking the car to get the tires rotated

还要去修车胎

and you're shuttling the kids back-and-forth between soccer and gymnastics.

接送孩子去上足球课和体操课

How do I know this?

我怎么知道这些?

Because I do all of that stuff in the 50 hours I dedicate to running my freak in the household.

因为在我分给家务活的50小时里 我会做所有的这些琐事

I'm left with about 12 hours of me time

这样我就只剩下12小时属于自己的时间了

and I schedule that 12 hours each and every week like it is the word of God.

我每周都会雷打不动地安排好这12小时

And what I do with it is as follows: I take four half hours for exercise,

我会用它来做这些事:四个半小时用来锻炼

even if I don't have the drive time to and from the gym and it's happening in my living room

即便我没时间开车去健身房 也会在客厅里锻炼

with something I'm streaming to my TV from an app so be it.

把我在软件上看的东西转播到电视上 这样也挺好

Next, I might see friends for brunch or a dinner.

接下来 我可能会跟朋友吃个早午餐或者晚饭

That could be a couple of hours. I'm at about four hours now.

这要花上几小时 现在我已经用掉四小时了

I've got a doctor's appointment, a haircut, a dentist appointment.

我还约了医生 理发师 牙医

Any routine maintenance on my hygiene and my health I'm fitting into another two hours of that week.

任何对我的卫生和健康的日常护理 我都会再多花上两小时

I'm somewhere now at what six to eight hours.

现在我大概用掉了六至八小时

I've got a date night; I am at maybe ten hours.

我还有约会之夜;这就用掉了十小时

And it doesn't mean I don't to see my significant other at home,

这并不是说我在家见不到另一半

it's like a special time for us to go out during the week and I had a couple hours left over for a hobby.

而是我们一周中有特定的时间外出约会 我还能剩几小时发展个爱好

It could be riding my horse. It could be relaxing with a book.

可以是骑马 也可以是轻松的阅读

It could be whatever you love.

可以是任何你爱做的事

I don't care if it's needlepoint, if it makes you happy who cares.

我才不在乎它是不是花拳绣腿 只要能让你开心 谁管呢

Over the course of the month that four hours of fitness is enough to keep your body healthy.

在这一个月中 那四个小时的锻炼足以让你保持身体健康了

That weekly routine maintenance appointment

每周的日常护理之约

is enough to make sure all the health checks and balances are checking out for better.

足以完成健康方面的各种检查

You're maintaining your good relationships with friends and significant others

你维持了跟好朋友和另一半之间的良好关系

and you've got just enough time to chill out.

还有足够的时间去缓和自己的情绪

It's not perfect.

这并不完美

I'm not the perfect parent, I'm not the perfect businesswoman, I'm not the perfect anything,

我不是完美的妈妈 也不是完美的商人 更不是完美的任何人

but it's enough to keep the wheels on this bus and to maintain a level of happiness,

但这么做足以维持日常生活的运转 并确保幸福指数

which means meaning and purpose to tolerate the days where things go wrong and I screw up.

能给你意义和目标去忍受生活中的不顺和糟心事儿

It's worth it.

这很值得

重点单词   查看全部解释    
dentist ['dentist]

想一想再看

n. 牙科医生

联想记忆
fitness ['fitnis]

想一想再看

n. 适合度(生物学术语) n. 健康

 
dedicate ['dedikeit]

想一想再看

vt. 献出,提献辞,致力于

联想记忆
screw [skru:]

想一想再看

n. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物
v.

 
maintenance ['meintinəns]

想一想再看

n. 维护,保持,维修,生活费用
n. 供给,

联想记忆
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
routine [ru:'ti:n]

想一想再看

n. 例行公事,常规,无聊
adj. 常规的,

联想记忆
tolerate ['tɔləreit]

想一想再看

vt. 容忍,忍受

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 如何拒绝别人不会内疚? 2019-06-16
  • 真正的问题并不是否认气候变化 2019-06-19
  • 动物有意识吗? 2019-07-02
  • 我们该如何对待老去? 2019-07-05
  • 如何拥有创造力? 2019-07-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。