手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

真正的问题并不是否认气候变化

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I basically don't think that denial is as big a problem as many in America do.

基本上 我觉得否认并不像美国的其他问题那样严重

The data show now that 73% of Americans believe global warming is real and happening now.

数据表明 现在有73%的美国人相信全球变暖是真实在发生的

70% of them are concerned about it.

70%的人对此表示担心

You can get an enormous amount politically done if you have the support of 70% of the country.

在政治上 如果你拥有这个国家70%的支持 就可以完成很多事情

I think those numbers are also moving, and so they'll grow over the coming years.

这些数据还在变化 所以接下来的几年这个数字还会上升

232.png

For me, the much bigger problem is that even though Americans are concerned about climate change,

我个人认为更加严重的问题是 即便美国人民担心气候变化

nobody wants to spend as much as $10 a month to address it.

也没有人愿意每个月花上10美元去解决这个问题

The median commitment, a recent poll found, was just $1 a month.

近来的民意测验发现 人们愿意贡献的平均开支是每个月1美元

So while people are concerned about climate change, they're not concerned enough.

所以人们在担心气候变化的同时 其担心程度又不够

And my personal perspective is that the main goal for climate action

我个人认为 气候行动的主要目的

is to make those people who are concerned, but still fundamentally complacent about the issue,

是让那些心怀担忧但实际上又对现状比较满意的人

to be really engaged in a way that they prioritize climate change in their politics and their voting

以某种方式真正参与进来 让他们把气候变化当做政治和投票中的当务之急

and make sure that our leaders think of climate change as a first order political priority,

并确保我们的领导人把气候变化当做政治上优先考虑的第一要务

not a third or fourth order political priority,

而不是排在第三或第四

and maybe even a political imperative that governs all others, because that is true.

甚至可以把它当做统治一切的政治命令 因为这就是事实

If you care about economic inequality, if you care about violence,

如果你担心经济失调 如果你担心暴力

basically every political thing that you could worry about in this world bears the fingerprint of climate change,

在这个世界上 几乎你担心的所有政治事件都带有气候变化的印迹

and will be made worse if climate change continues unabated.

如果气候变化继续发展 它们也只会进一步恶化

So addressing any of them on some level means addressing climate change,

所以以某种程度解决任何政治问题 就相当于在解决气候变化的问题

and that's the perspective I think we really need to have or more of us need to have.

我觉得这才是我们或更多人真正需要的视角

There is a real concern about preaching to the choir,

人们担心这都是白费口舌

I don't think of that as being an issue of people like me,

但我觉得像我这样的人不存在这个问题

that is people who were up until quite recently aware of climate, worried about it,

也就是那些最近才意识到并且担心气候变化

but who didn't orient their lives around it.

却又不以它为重的人

I think that there's a bigger risk of advocates and activists talking to one another

我觉得更有可能的是 提倡者和积极分子们在互相交流

and not addressing the sort of median concerned liberal, who is worried, but fundamentally complacent.

忽视了中度担忧的自由主义者群体 他们虽然担心 但本质上又对现状比较满意

That, to me, is the main target of messaging.

我觉得 他们才是信息传达的主要对象

And when I look around the world, I see many, many more people like that, many more societies like that

放眼全世界 有很多很多这样的人 也有很多这样的社会

than I see people who are really deeply committed or who are really deeply in denial.

远超那些真正投入进去或持完全否认态度的人

And I say that as someone who felt that way myself until quite recently

我说出的这些话也是最近才认识到的

and who was awakened from that complacency by fear and alarm,

恐惧和惊慌让我从自满中觉醒过来

which is one reason why I think that

因此 我认为

talking bluntly about the science and everything that it projects for our near-term future is really important.

我们应该单刀直入地谈论科学及其映射出的人类不久的将来 这非常重要

We shouldn't shy away from the projections that science has made for us.

我们不应该躲避科学对人类未来的预测

We should look squarely at them as we can be, even if they horrify us,

而是要真诚地对待它们 即便会被它们吓到

because fear can be mobilizing, can be motivating.

因为恐惧可以动员和刺激我们

We know that from environmental history.

环境史可以证明这一点

We know that from advocacy history.

拥护史也能证明这一点

In this case, I don't think it needs to be the only way that we talk about climate change,

在这种情况下 谈论气候变化并不是唯一的方式

but we shouldn't be scared of fear.

我们也不应该害怕恐惧

We should know that the impacts are terrifying

我们应该知道后果很严重

and that we need to do everything we can to avoid as many of them as we can.

同时也要竭尽所能 尽量避免不良后果

重点单词   查看全部解释    
advocacy ['ædvəkəsi]

想一想再看

n. 拥护,支持,鼓吹

 
complacency [kəm'pleisnsi]

想一想再看

n. 自满,沾沾自喜

联想记忆
priority [prai'ɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 优先权,优先顺序,优先

 
concerned [kən'sə:nd]

想一想再看

adj. 担忧的,关心的

 
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
poll [pəul]

想一想再看

n. 投票,民意测验,民意,票数
v. 做民意

 
committed [kə'mitid]

想一想再看

adj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的

联想记忆
fingerprint ['fiŋgə.print]

想一想再看

n. 指纹,特点 vt. 取 ... 的指纹,鉴别特征

 
commitment [kə'mitmənt]

想一想再看

n. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 千禧一代如何更成功? 2019-06-13
  • 如何拒绝别人不会内疚? 2019-06-16
  • 利用好12小时 让生活更幸福 2019-06-26
  • 动物有意识吗? 2019-07-02
  • 我们该如何对待老去? 2019-07-05
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。