Dad: What are you working on, honey?
爸爸:宝贝,你在干什么呢?
Mariko: It’s a project for school about the Earth and its place in the universe. I have to write a report and build a model of what scientists can see with a telescope in space.
马里科:在做学校布置的关于地球及其在宇宙中位置的课题。我需要写一份报告,并且动手做一个天文学家用望远镜观察宇宙时看到的天体模型。
Dad: I can help you with that. I was always good in science, especially astronomy.
爸爸:我可以帮助你。我很擅长科学,尤其是天文学。
Mariko: Okay, Dad. If I need help, I’ll ask you.
马里科:好的,爸爸。有需要我再向您求助。
Dad: Is that the report you’re writing right now?
爸爸:那就是你正在写的报告?
Mariko: Yes.
马里科:是的。
Dad: Make sure you include all of the planets in the solar system.
爸爸:要确保写出太阳系中所有的行星。
Mariko: I plan to, Dad.
马里科:我就是这么计划的,爸爸。
Dad: Don’t forget to talk about the Big Bang. Oh yeah, and talk about traveling through space and how many light years it would take. Are you going to include stars, asteroids, and other galaxies in your model?
爸爸:别忘了提一下宇宙大爆炸。哦,对了,还有太空旅行以及其需要多少光年。你的模型中包括星星,小行星和其他星系吗?
Mariko: No, the teacher didn’t say we had to.
马里科:没有,老师没有规定这个。
Dad: Yes, but including some of those would set your project apart from the others, don’t you think?
爸爸:话是这么说,但是加上了这些,你的课题才会脱颖而出,不是吗?
Mariko: Sure, Dad.
马里科:当然,爸爸。
Dad: It would be out of this world!
爸爸:你的课题会是最棒的!
Mariko: Right, Dad.
马里科:您说的没错。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载