手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

如何成为更优秀的领导人?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I think that the teacher and the leader they’re all together.

我觉得老师和领导其实是一回事

I don’t think of them as distinct parts of what I do.

这两个概念并非完全不同

When I run the lab I feel like I’m teaching the graduate students and the postdocs

我在管理实验室的时候 会通过实例告诉研究生和博士后

partly by example, partly “we’re all in this together.”

在某种程度上 “我们是紧密相连的”

And I think that they go together.

我觉得这两者是相辅相成的

My hope is that when people leave this lab they’re stronger, better people.

我希望人们离开实验室时会变成更强大更优秀的人

187.png

That they’re leaders themselves—and that, in fact, has happened.

他们自己也能成为领导人——其实 这种情况早就出现过

I mean we have over 300 people who have left the lab who are professors who lead their own lab;

我们有300多名学生从这个实验室走出去 他们成为了教授 拥有了自己的实验室

We’ve had many people leave the lab who’ve become presidents of companies,

还有很多从实验室出去的学生变成了公司的董事长

who’ve started their own companies, who’ve become CEOs.

创办了自己的企业 成为了CEO

So they’ve become leaders, and that’s what I love to see.

他们都变成了领导 这是我喜闻乐见的

Well I don’t know that there’s any one set of qualities.

他们做到这些 并不是因为具备了某一套标准的品质

I’ve seen leaders succeed in different ways, but to me the kinds of things I think I probably do

我见过很多领导人以不同的方式取得成功 但我想做的是

are try to impart to the people who work for me or work with me the fact that

试图告诉我的员工和同事这样一个事实

you want to make an impact on the world, you want to make it a better place, you want to treat people well.

你要对世界产生影响 你要让它成为一个更美好的地方 你要与人为善

And you want to really think that almost anything is possible.

你要相信一切皆有可能

And I guess finally the way I try to deal with people for the most part is try to provide what I’ll call positive reinforcement.

在多数情况下 我想传达给人们的就是我所说的正强化

If somebody does something good I want to let them know it rather than, say, yelling at them and saying, “You should work harder!”

如果某人工作表现很好 我会直接让他们知道 而不是冲他们大喊“你应该更努力些”

I want people to work hard because they want to, not because they have to.

我想让人们努力工作是因为他们自愿这么做 而不是被迫的

Well the way I try to foster this idea of discovery and invention is partly by example.

我主要是通过例子来培养这种发现和创新的观点

If somebody comes in and they’re doing a thesis I try to get them to think about “Well, what will be important?”

如果某人来找我 他要写一篇论文 我会让他去思考“哪些方面比较重要?”

I might shape it in some very general way, but I want people to just think.

我可能会说出大概的框架 但我想让他们自己去思考

I don’t want to just say, “Here, do this,” I want to be a guide.

我不愿意直接告诉他们“你要这么做” 我只想起到引导作用

Another way I sometimes think about it is this—because I’m dealing with graduate students and postdocs—

有时候我想到的另一种方法是——因为我是在跟研究生和博士后打交道——

So the way I often think about it is if somebody is a graduate student or a postdoctoral fellow,

我经常想到的方法是如果某人是研究生学生或博士后

almost their entire life up until then they’ve been judged (say by grades or other means) by how well they give answers to other people’s questions.

那么到目前为止 别人判断他们的标准(比如考试分数或其他方式)都是他们对别人问题的回答

But in life, in my opinion, what’s really important is not the answers that you might give (though that’s important) but the really important thing is the questions you ask.

但在生活中 我觉得真正重要的并不是你给出的答案(虽然这也很重要) 而是你问出的问题

Are you asking really important questions, or are you asking medium-important questions, or unimportant questions?

你能问出很重要的问题吗 还是说你问的问题很一般或压根不重要?

I think the key to it is to help somebody go from “somebody who gives good answers” to “somebody who asks good questions.”

关键就是要让人们从“给出优秀答案的人”向“问出出色问题的人”转变

Because in the end questions are going to be what’s key.

因为说到底 问题才是最重要的东西

So that’s really want I want to see.

那才是我非常希望看到的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
reinforcement [.ri:in'fɔ:smənt]

想一想再看

n. 增强,加固,强化物,增援力量

 
impart [im'pɑ:t]

想一想再看

vt. 传授,赋予,告知

联想记忆
dealing ['di:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 经营方法,行为态度
(复数)dealin

 
invention [in'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发明,发明物,虚构,虚构物

 
foster ['fɔstə]

想一想再看

vt. 养育,培养,促进,鼓励,抱有(希望等)

联想记忆
distinct [dis'tiŋkt]

想一想再看

adj. 独特的,不同的,明显的,清楚的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。