手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

好朋友是最不合适的商业伙伴

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So when you’re looking at bringing partners on, whether it’s investment partners,

如果你想找合作伙伴 不管是投资伙伴

whether it’s business partners, like cofounder perspective, those kinds of things—

还是商业伙伴 比如共同创始人之类的——

Number one, it needs to be the same values.

第一 你们需要有相同的价值观

Do you both care about similar things in the world?

你们关心的是这个世界上相似的东西吗?

So values need to align.

价值观需要相符

And then from a skill set perspective you need to be opposites.

然后从技能组合的角度来说 你们应该正好相反

184.png

Oftentimes best friends are like, “We want to start a business together!”

最好的朋友通常会说“我们想共同创业!”

That’s like the fastest way to not becoming best friends again.

这简直是让友谊的小船翻船最快的方式了

Being opposites is so important. I’m great at design.

两个人相反非常重要 我很擅长设计

I’m great with the vision. I’m great at sort of the strategy.

我的视觉感应很强 我很擅长策略

I’m really great at the aesthetic. I’m really great at the brand.

我的审美观很好 我很擅长品牌

My partner needs to be great at operations, manufacturing, warehousing, legal, finance, all of that stuff that I don’t love.

我的伙伴需要在运营 制造 仓储 法律 金融等方面很擅长 这些东西我不太喜欢做

Can I do it? A little, but I prefer not to.

我会做吗?稍微会一点 但我不喜欢这些

I’d rather stay in my zone of genius and have someone really, really take on their zone of genius, and be in mutual awe of one another.

我宁愿做自己比较擅长的领域 再找一个人去做他们很擅长的领域 两个人互相尊敬

Like I really believe that there is that yin and yang that does exist.

我特别相信有阴阳的存在

Like if I have yang energy someone needs to have yin energy to be a real perfect partner.

比如 如果我有阳能量 那就需要一个有阴能量的人来组成完美拍档

I think to have the right partner energetically you need to be a match and skill set wise you need to be a match.

要想拥有在能量上合适的伙伴 你们就需要互相匹配 同样地 技能组合也要相匹配

So yin yang like energetically and then yin yang from a skill set perspective.

所以要有能量上的阴阳和谐 还要技能上的阴阳协调

We often like, we’re like: “Both of us are super hyper!”

我们通常会说“我俩都特别有激情!”

Even if you have other like skill sets than I do, that hyper-hyper-hyper might not work.

即便你有着跟我不一样的技能 那种无限的激情也起不了太大作用

And if it’s hyper-calm, like the calm counterpart calms me down.

如果是激情和冷静的组合 那么冷静的一方会让我平静下来

My hyperactiveness makes them more excited.

而我的激情会让他激动起来

So that energetically works.

这种能量平衡才能奏效

When from a skill set perspective, “I’m great at this, he or she is great at this,”

从技能组合的角度来说 “我很擅长这个 他或她很擅长那个”

we’re in mutual awe of each other both energetically and from a skill set perspective.

无论是能量还是技能组合方面 我们都互相尊敬

That is the perfect partner.

那才是完美的搭档

Like I always look for that, energy and skill set.

这就是我看重的 能量和技能组合

So I sit on the board of Conscious Capitalism and I think Conscious Capitalism is really based on a stakeholder model.

我是自觉资本主义(Conscious Capitalism)董事会的一员 我觉得自觉资本主义的基础就是利益相关模式

Like every single person has to win, and I think in the past I was a little bit sloppy

每个人都想赢 以前的时候 我还有点神经大条

in a stakeholder model in that we scaled so quickly, “just put butts in seats fast.”

但是在利益相关模式中 我们都一刻不闲地忙着 节奏特别快

I didn’t really think about a lot of things as you’re scaling, which happens to most entrepreneurs,

努力的时候不会想太多东西 多数企业家都是这样

and I think now it really is with Tushy I’m really, really deliberate about the type of people I bring onto the team:

但现在在Tushy 我选人加入这个团队的时候都会再三思量:

really checking their background to see if they really fit.

会调查他们的背景 看他们是否合适

Before anyone gets hired they have to meet the whole team and the team has to give me their feedback on what they think about this person, if they jive well.

任何人在雇佣前 都得跟整个团队见面 团队需要给我他们对这个人的印象反馈 看他表现是否合格

It really is culture.

这其实就是修养

Culture trumps strategy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

工作日的时候 修养比策略重要 周日修养更是胜过策略两倍

And in the past I certainly was a lot more sort of lax.

以前 我的要求肯定是更宽松很多

“Oh, you have a pulse? Come join, we’re busy. We’ve got to grow.”

“哦 你喜欢这一行?加入我们吧 我们很忙 我们必须得成长”

And now, “What’s your background?

现在是“你什么背景?

Let me look at your social media,” and if it’s all selfies you know that’s scary!

让我看一下你的社交账号” 如果里面全是自拍 那就太可怕了

That’s not a great person to have on your team if it’s like selfie from every angle,

如果社交账号里都是各种角度的自拍 那这种人就不适合加入团队

which means that they might not be a great team player.

这表明他们不具备良好的团队精神

And so and then calling references, doing background checks.

所以要找参考信息 进行背景调查

It’s so important to do that and I just didn’t, and I think to really create that culture, to really scale a business requires doing that real work.

这一点非常重要 真的需要那种修养 创业需要做这种实际工作

And with Tushy I’m so, so deliberate.

在Tushy 我特别特别留心

My new CEO role, I’ve interviewed 50 people for this role to really be that yin to my yang and that opposite to my skill set.

就为新CEO这一个职位 我已经面试了50个人 只为找到那个跟我的阳相反的阴 那个跟我的技能相反的人

And in the past I would have been like “Okay people, let’s go.”

以前的我会说“好了 各位 开始吧”

And now it’s “50 people? Call all ten references of every one of them,”

现在是“50个人?每个人都有10个参考项”

and really had them meet all the team to make sure that they liked the person.

会让他们跟团队见面 确保团队喜欢这个人

It’s really, really important to do that culture fit test which I didn’t do in the past.

这种修养契合测试真的非常非常重要 以前的我没这么做过

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆
perspective [pə'spektiv]

想一想再看

n. 远景,看法,透视
adj. 透视的

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
align [ə'lain]

想一想再看

vt. 使成一行,使一致,使结盟,调整,排列 vi. 成

联想记忆
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 
aesthetic [i:s'θetik]

想一想再看

adj. 美学的,审美的,有美感的
n. (复

 
counterpart ['kauntəpɑ:t]

想一想再看

n. 相似之物,副本,对应物

联想记忆
awe [ɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 敬畏,恐惧
vt. 使敬畏或惊惧

 
genius ['dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

n. 天才,天赋

联想记忆
brand [brænd]

想一想再看

n. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记
vt. 打烙印,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。