'Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry,' said Professor Lupin cheerfully.
“没听见,对不起,纳威。”卢平教授快乐地说。
Neville looked around rather wildly, as though begging someone to help him, then said, in barely more than a whisper, 'Professor Snape.'
纳威急切地向四面看,好像是在求谁帮助他,然后声音低得跟耳语似地说:“斯内普教授。”
Nearly everyone laughed. Even Neville grinned apologetically.
几乎每个人都大笑起来。就连纳威自己也抱歉地咧嘴笑了。
Professor Lupin, however, looked thoughtful.
然而,卢平教授却似乎在深思。
'Professor Snape... hmmm... Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?'
“斯内普教授……唔……纳威,我想你是和你祖母一起住的吧?”
'Er — yes,' said Neville nervously. 'But — I don't want the Boggart to turn into her, either.'
“哦——是的,”纳威紧张地说道,“不过——我也不要博格特变成她的样子。”
'No, no, you misunderstand me,' said Professor Lupin, now smiling.
“不,不,你没听懂我的话,”卢平教授说,现在他在微笑,
'I wonder, could you tell us what sort of clothes your grandmother usually wears?'
“我不知道,你是不是可以告诉我们,你祖母平常穿什么样的衣服?”
Neville looked startled, but said, 'Well... always the same hat.
纳威似乎大吃了一惊,但是他说:“唔……总是戴同样的帽子。
A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top. And a long dress... green, normally... and sometimes a fox-fur scarf.'
是那种高高的、顶上有个老雕标本的。还穿一件长长的女服……绿色的,通常是……有时候还围一条狐狸皮围巾。”
'And a handbag?' prompted Professor Lupin.
“还有手袋是不是?”卢平教授鼓励他说下去。
'A big red one,' said Neville.
“一个红色的大手袋。”纳威说。
'Right then,' said Professor Lupin. 'Can you picture those clothes very clearly, Neville?
“好,”卢平教授说,“你能把这些衣服描摹得很详细吗,纳威?
Can you see them in your mind's eye?'
你脑子里能看见这些衣服吗?”
'Yes,' said Neville uncertainly, plainly wondering what was coming next.
“能。”纳威茫然回答道,显然不知道下一步会发生什么事。
'When the Boggart bursts out of this wardrobe, Neville, and sees you, it will assume the form of Professor Snape,' said Lupin.
“等博格特从衣柜里冲出来的时候,纳威,而且看见你的时候,它就会呈现出斯内普教授的样子。”卢平说,
'And you will raise your wand — thus — and cry "Riddikulus" — and concentrate hard on your grandmother's clothes.
“你呢,要拿起魔杖——这样拿——而且大叫‘滑稽滑稽’——并且努力集中注意力,想着你祖母的衣服。