The first ride is the straight-wall ride. The second act is our go-kart. So it's four wheels this time.
第一场比赛是在竖墙上骑摩托车,第二场表演是单座赛车。这时座驾也换成了四轮的赛车。
Third act, it's riding one of these lovely ladies.
第三场则是骑这些可爱的小型摩托车。
And we do hands-off, standing up hands-off, sitting on the side, standing on the side, a whole array of acts.
此时我们要完成脱把、站立脱把、横着坐、站在车的一侧等一系列动作。
It's an experience you can't compare anything in the world to.
那种体验是世界上任何其他体验都无法比拟的。
I'm Kerri Cameron and I'm a Wall of Death rider and I ride for Luke Fox's original Wall of Death.
我是科莉·卡梅隆,目前是一名“死亡之墙”骑手,我参加过卢克·福克斯杯死亡之墙挑战赛。
See the Hell Riders race this afternoon. We'll take you way back in time. Back to the late 1920’s ...
欢迎大家收看今天下午的“地狱摩托车”赛,这一悠久的赛事,其历史我们可以一直追溯到上个世纪二十年代。
I started riding the Wall of Death by pure accident.
我结识这项比赛其实完全是出于偶然。
I used to work with horses ...And unfortunately, where I was working the place shut down.
我以前的工作是和马打交道……不幸的是,我工作的地方破产了。
So naturally, we went to the job center
自然而然地我们就打开了就业网站,
and I just typed in horse rider into the search engine and Wall of Death rider came up.
我直接在搜索引擎里输入了赛马选手,然后“死亡之墙”比赛选手就跳出来了。
And I went down to the yard and they had the wall built up.
我就去了赛场,他们已经把墙立起来了。
I knew there and then that was it.
从那以后我就成了一名“死亡之墙”骑手。
You do get very dizzy when you first learn to ride because you've got to build your stamina up to the dizziness.
刚开始学的时候的确会有眩晕的感觉,因为对眩晕的抵抗力似乎慢慢练出来的。
You have to be going at least 30 mile an hour to stay on,
要想避免从赛道上掉下来,至少要保持30英里的时速。
otherwise gravity will just whip you straight off.
否则重力就会把你甩出去。
It’s a mixture of three things, so balance, speed and obviously a bit of stamina.
这项运动有三个要素:平衡、速度,还有显而易见的耐力。
Just lifting your arm up to wave goodbye to the audience is quite a feat.
比赛时能够抬起手臂跟观众打招呼就已经很厉害了。
Ladies and gentlemen ... Kerri Cameron.
女士们,先生们,接下来上场的是Karri Cameron.
It is a good feeling being a female rider in this masculine environment.
在充满男性气概的选手环境里,能成为一名女性骑手感觉非常棒。
It gives me a great buzz because a lot of people, when they see you walk into the wall, they just think you're a bit of flash, you know.
这项运动能带给我巨大的快乐,因为很多人看到女性选手走进赛场时,他们会觉得你不过是来走个过场而已。
But as soon as they see you get on the bike,
但一旦他们看到你骑上车,
you can hear like murmurs saying "Oh, there's a girl on a motorbike."
你就能听见有人窃窃私语“哇,还有女摩托车手耶。”
See all their faces light up.
看见他们两眼放光。
And then after the show, all the girls they're all like wow, you've got bigger balls than most of the men.
比赛结束之后,观众里所有的女孩儿的反应都是,哇,你真是比男人还男人!
But it's great to know that they're looking at you, thinking well if you can do it, then so can I.
不过,重要的是能看到她们一边看着你,一边在心里想“既然你都可以做到,那我何尝做不到!”那种感觉。