Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "you're a piece of work", from "Miss Sloane".
我们今天要说的短语是you're a piece of work,出自电影《斯隆女士》。
This film is about a smart woman who wants to win at all costs.
这部电影是关于一个聪明的、不惜一切代价要赢的女人。
She fights to get the US government to pass a piece of legislation.
她和美国政府进行抗争,要求对方通过一项立法。
Listen for "you're a piece of work".
留意听一下you're a piece of work。
You wanna lead the fight on gun control.
你想要发起有关枪支管制的抗争。
I was hired to win. I use whatever resource I have.
我是被聘来获胜的。我会动用我所拥有的一切资源。
You're a piece of work, Elizabeth.
你真是个难搞的家伙,伊丽莎白。
So, what is the meaning of "you're a piece of work"?
那么,you're a piece of work是什么意思呢?
Is it you are a difficult person or you are a hard worker.
是你是一个难相处的人还是你是一个努力工作的人?
Listen again. Did you guess the right answer?
再听一遍。你猜到正确答案了吗?
You wanna lead the fight on gun control.
你想要发起有关枪支管制的抗争。
I was hired to win. I use whatever resource I have.
我是被聘来获胜的。我会动用我所拥有的一切资源。
You're a piece of work, Elizabeth.
你真是个难搞的家伙,伊丽莎白。
"You're a piece of work" isn't an insult.
You're a piece of work不是一种侮辱人的话。
It means you are a difficult person, just like work is difficult.
它的含义是你是一个难相处的人,就像工作很难处理一样。
In the movie, the man is saying Elizabeth is complicated and hard to get along with at times.
在这部电影中,该男子称伊丽莎白性格很复杂,有时候很难与之相处。
Calling someone a "piece of work" is not nice.
称某人是一个"piece of work"的人,不是很和善。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。