I've been threatened by Haiti with voodoo over food;
因为没收食品我被海地人用巫毒威胁过
I've taken mangoes from passengers from Jamaica,
曾经我从牙买加旅客那里没收芒果时,
and been threatened with my life.
也被他们拿我的命相威胁过
Never a dull moment here at JFK.
在肯尼迪国际机场从来不会无聊
Make it easier, that's it.
放松,这样就可以了
The reason why we're confiscating all this stuff
我们之所以没收这些东西
is not because it's harmful to the human being.
并不是它们对人有害
It's harmful for our plants and our animals.
而是因为它们对我们的动植物有害
This is a big port.
这个机场很大。
Last month we processed 1.5 million passengers.
上个月我们接待了150万名旅客
You figure between fruits and vegetables,
我们得分辨水果和蔬菜
you're talking about two or three hundred kilos a day in just one terminal.
我们讨论的,是一个航站楼每天处理两三百斤,
so you're talking about four to six hundred pounds.
也就是400-600磅的水果和蔬菜
What kind of foods are you confiscating?
你们都没收哪些食品呢?
Every day is different, every season is different,
每天都不一样,每个季度也不一样
Chinese New Year, Christmas, Easter.
中国的春节,圣诞节,复活节
We have beef candy from China, Serrano ham from Spain,
我们没收过来自中国的牛肉干,来自西班牙的辣椒火腿
we have lots of avocados, salami from Italy,
我们没收了很多牛油果,来自意大利的腊肠
no. Pedro, I take it back, salami supremo, that's Spain also.
啊,不是,是Pedro的,我拿回来了,腊肠之王,这个也是西班牙的
Once the food item is seized, it's put in what we call the contraband bin.
违禁食品查出以后,就会被丢到我们所说的违禁品回收桶里
We drag the contraband bin across the terminal.
我们拖着回收桶穿过航站楼
It's about a block long, get a little exercise
差不多一个街区那么远,顺便做点儿运动
and begin the process of grinding up all the prohibited food items.
之后就开始把这些违禁食品打碎
We're at the grinder table.
我们现在就在碎汁机的台面上
The officer will look and see if there's any little exit holes or entry holes,
工作人员湖检查,看有没有虫子钻进去或出来的眼儿
and that's where you're gonna find the insect.
接下来我们就会把虫子揪出来
Do you enjoy that part of the process?
你喜欢这个过程吗
Is it kind of a stress reliever for you?
有没有一种压力得到释放的感觉?
Oh, the grinder is great.
啊,碎汁机很不错
Sometimes I go home with a little bit of mango juice and passion fruit juice on.
有时,回家之前,我会带点儿芒果汁或是其他活力满满的果汁走
You're just having fun, the water's splashing in your face,
就跟玩儿似的,水会溅到你脸上
but this is what we have to do to protect American agriculture, it's part of our job.
但我们不得不这么做,为了保护美国的农业,这是我们的职责所在。