'Well, third-years at Hogwarts are allowed to visit Hogsmeade, but my aunt and uncle didn't sign the permission form.
“好吧,三年级学生可以访问霍格莫德,但是,我的姨妈和姨父没有在我的同意表上签字。
D'you think you could?'
您能给我签吗?”
Fudge was looking uncomfortable.
福吉看上去一副不舒服的样子。
'Ah,' he said. 'No. No, I'm very sorry, Harry, but as I'm not your parent or guardian –'
“啊,”他说,“不,不,我很抱歉,哈利,因为我不是你的家长,也不是你的监护人——”
'But you're the Minister for Magic,' said Harry eagerly. 'If you gave me permission –'
“可您是魔法部部长啊,”哈利急切地说,“如果您允许我——”
'No, I'm sorry, Harry, but rules are rules,' said Fudge flatly.
“不,抱歉,哈利,因为规定就是规定,”福吉断然说,
'Perhaps you'll be able to visit Hogsmeade next year.
“也许明年你可以访问霍格莫德。
In fact, I think it best if you don't... yes... well, I'll be off.
其实,我认为你最好是不……是……好吧,我要走了。
Enjoy your stay, Harry.'
在这里好好过。哈利。”
And with a last smile and shake of Harry's hand, Fudge left the room.
福吉最后一次对哈利微微一笑,又握了一下手,就离开了房间。
Tom now moved forward, beaming at Harry.
于是汤姆走上前来,对哈利微笑着。
'If you'll follow me, Mr Potter,' he said.
“波特先生,请跟我来,”汤姆说道,
'I've already taken your things up...'
“我已经把你的东西都搬上去了。”
Harry followed Tom up a handsome wooden staircase to a door with a brass number eleven on it, which Tom unlocked and opened for him.
哈利跟随汤姆走上一道漂亮的木楼梯,来到一间门口有一个黄铜牌子标明是十一号的房间,汤姆为哈利打开锁,开了房门。
Inside was a very comfortable-looking bed, some highly polished oak furniture,
房间里面有一张看上去很舒服的床,几件很光亮的橡木家具,
a cheerfully crackling fire and, perched on top of the wardrobe —
壁炉里的火烧得噼啪作响,衣橱顶上站立着——
'Hedwig!' Harry gasped.
“海德薇!”哈利惊喜地叫道。