I have to admit,Anna and Jonathan are sometimes right about things.
我得承认,有时候安娜和乔纳森在某些事情上是正确的。
Right as Rain
非常健康
How can a weather event be correct about something?
一个天气现象(rain)怎么能来描述在某些事情上是正确的呢?
Are you feeling better today?
你今天感觉好点么?
You sounded sort of ill the other day.
前几天你看起来像是生病了。
Oh, yeah, I’m right as rain.I think I had a little too much cake and a few too many donuts at my birthday party!
对,我现在挺好的。我觉得可能是我吃了太多的蛋糕和好多甜甜圈就是过生日那天!
Well, if you want to stay right as rain,you might want to try eating some vegetables sometimes...
好吧,要想保持非常健康的状态,你可能得多吃些 蔬菜。。。
Being “right as rain” means to be perfectly fine or in good health.
“right as rain”意思是 很棒或者非常健康。
Since the 1500s, many English expressions have started with “right as,” such as “right as a line” and “right as a bank.”
自16世纪以来,许多英语表达 都以“right as”开头,比如(字幕错误,应该是like)“像线一样直”和“像银行一样精明”。
It probably became popular because of the matching “r” sounds.
这个表述开始流行 是因为 right和rain中的“r”押韵。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!