Or whether doth my mind, being crown'd with you,
占有了你我便富比王侯,是否我的心灵
Drink up the monarch's plague, this flattery?
便因此染上了帝王自我阿谀的瘟病?
Or whether shall I say, mine eye saith true,
不,或许我应该说,还是眼晴的话儿真?
And that your love taught it this alchemy,
因为你的爱使他们学会点石成金,
To make of monsters and things indigest
使妖魔也能化作天使般的婴儿,
Such cherubins as your sweet self resemble,
美貌温存恰如同你的自身,
Creating every bad a perfect best,
使天下目力所及的一切事物
As fast as objects to his beams assemble?
纵然丑恶,转眼便美奂无伦。
O,'tis the first; 'tis flattery in my seeing,
哦,答案是前者,是眼睛的谄媚,
And my great mind most kingly drinks it up:
我这伟岸的心灵把它一口吞尽。
Mine eye well knows what with his gust is 'greeing,
我的眼睛深知心灵的胃口,
And to his palate doth prepare the cup:
所以按它的口味备下了杯羹:
If it be poison'd, 'tis the lesser sin
倘若杯羹中有毒,喝羹者罪也较轻,
That mine eye loves it and doth first begin.
我的眼晴也喜欢它,早将味儿先品。