手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 告别平庸的自己 > 正文

百万富翁快车道

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jenny   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

There are really three financial paths... The sidewalk, the slowlane, and the fastlane.

生财之道可以分为三种…人行道,慢车道和快车道。
The sidewalker is basically your average person living from paycheck to paycheck.
行走在人行道上的都是靠薪水过日子的普通人。
No matter how much he earns, he'll match it with how much he spends.
不管他挣多少,都会赚多少花多少。
Sidewalkers can actually have a huge income. Let's say someone like a professional athlete.
人行道上的人实际有很大的收入。比如一个专业运动员就可以赚很多钱。
The problem with being a sidewalker however, is having no financial intelligence or responsibility whatsoever.
然而普通人的问题就是没有金融情报和经济责任。
So if something goes wrong, if you lose your job, if you aren't needed anymore, you're basically screwed.
所以如果出了什么问题,如果你丢了工作或者不再被人需要,基本上你就完蛋了。
This is why you'll see even professional athletes who made millions at one point be completely broke now.
很多赚大钱的专业运动员也因此而一度破产。
Don't take the sidewalk. Then you have the slowlane.
不要走人行道。你还有慢车道。
This is basically your standard: go to school, get a decent job, save 10%,
基本上是你的标准是这样的:上学,找份不错的工作,存10%,
invest it in the stock market, hope it grows at 7% interest annually.
投资股票市场,期望每年以7%的利息增长。
And... When you're 65 (that is if you aren't dead and can still walk), you can be a millionaire.
然后…到你65岁的时候(前提是到那时你能活着并能自理),就会成为百万富翁。
Yay! So why does the slowlane suck?
哇!慢车道为什么不好呢?
Well, because I don't want to drive around in my favorite car when I'm 65, I want to do it while I'm still young.
嗯,因为我不想到65岁的时候才可以开着爱车到处遛弯,我想在年轻的时候就那么做。
It's also like selling your soul for 40 years, so that when you're in a wheelchair, you can finally start having fun.
也像是出卖了自己40年的灵魂,等坐上了轮椅,才最终开始享受。
Not that different from what people do on a weekly basis actually...
这无异于周而复始工作的人们…
Sell Monday through Friday, for two days at the end of the week, and do that over and over again.
出卖周一到周五,换回周末的两天,一遍遍的重复循环。
With that said, I actually think that sadly, this is the best strategy for most people.
这么说我那样想真的太悲观了,但这对大多数人来说是最好的选择。
Why? Because most people aren't capable of meeting the demands of the fastlane.
为什么?因为大多数人都不符合快车道的要求。
And the slowlane is definitely better than the sidewalk.
同时慢车道要比人行道好很多。
More on this later. Now let's talk about the fastlane.
稍后详述。现在让我们讨论一下快车道。
The whole idea of the fastlane is this: the more value you give to the world, the richer you will become.
快车道的整个概念是这样的:你贡献给世界的价值越多,就会变得越富有。
I absolutely hated hearing those kinds of quotes and things when I was young.
我年轻的时候特别讨厌听那样的论调。
It sounds so esoteric. How do I get rich if I give? It makes no sense.
它听起来让人难以理解。如果我给予了,怎样变富呢?好像讲不通。
The reason it made no sense was because of how the principle was explained to me.
讲不通是因为别人给我解释的方法不对。
I thought, "Okay, let's say I go outside right now and hand my money out, how will that make me rich?"
我想,“好吧,比如我现在出去发钱,这会怎样让我变富呢?”
And it won't. I was right. But, had it been explained to me right, I wouldn't be so confused.
不会的。我是正确的。但是如果别人给了我正确的解释,我就不会困惑了。
So if you went outside right now with a $1000 and gave 10 people a $100 each,
那么如果你现在出去把1000美元分给10人,每人100美元,
that would actually be one of the lowest forms of giving possible.
那可能是最低级的给予方式了。
The person will take that $100, engage in mindless consumerism,
他们会用100美元,进行无知的消费,
and basically end up in exactly the same situation as when he started.
最后又以回归原点告终。

百万富翁快车道

What would be a higher form of giving? Well, if you went into your kitchen right now,

那么更高形式的给予是什么呢?嗯,如果你现在进入厨房,
and created a pill that could cure cancer, that would be one of the biggest things you could give to the world.
创造了一种治愈癌症的药片,那将会是你给予这个世界最大的馈赠。
That would be a higher form of giving. And yes, you would be absolutely rich, well...
那将会是更高质量的给予。是的,你肯定会变得很富有,
Assuming you weren't completely naive and knew how to protect your invention.
假设你不完全幼稚,也知道如何保护你的发明。
The general rule is this: the more value you provide to more people, the better you will do.
一般规则是:你给予人们的价值越高,你就会越好。
Sounds great right? So why do I say that the slowlane is actually a good strategy for most people?
听上去不错,对吗?所以为什么我说慢车道对大多数人来说是个好的策略呢?
Well, because realistically speaking, most people have not developed themselves
因为从实际来看,大多数人都没有一技之长
where they can give something of true value to the world.
能给这个世界带来真正的价值。
The biggest criticism this book gets is, "Well, but MJ, you're misleading people.
这本书收到的最大批判是,“哎,MJ你在误导大家。
Most people can't create a successful product. Most people can't create a successful business"
大多数人不可能创造一种成功的产品,也不可能创造成功的企业。”
And every time I read something like that I get nauseous. No! No! Like, NO!
每次我听到这些我都想吐。不!不!不!
Stop blaming MJ. Stop blaming the book. Stop blaming anyone else!
不要责备MJ.不要责备这本书。不要责备任何人!
If you aren't capable of giving tremendous value to other people, that is your fault!
如果你不能给予别人巨大的价值,那就是你的错!
Take some goddamn responsibility! If you want to be in the fastlane, stop watching Netflix and go the library.
承担一些该死的责任吧!如果你想进入快车道,不要再看电视了,去图书馆吧。
Speaking of Netflix and the library, that was my life for four years in college.
说到Netflix和图书馆,那是我大学四年的生活。
Classes would end and I would head to the library, pick up a book that I was going to read that night,
上完课后我会去图书馆,选一本那晚要读的书,
come back to my room, and my roommate would watch Netflix for the next 8 hours while I read.
回到宿舍,在我读书的8个小时里我的室友在看视频。
What did that do? Well, that put me in a position where I have given value to over 10,000 people in a few months.
那样如何呢?那让我在几个月内把价值给予了上万人。
What if my roommate decided he wanted to start a YouTube channel?
如果我的室友想开个优酷频道会怎样呢?
What would he start it on? He has nothing to give.
他要在哪一方面开始呢?他给予不了什么。
That's not MJ's fault. That's not the book's fault. That's my roommate's fault.
这不是MJ的错。不是书的错。是室友自己的错。
So why would I personally never pick the slowlane?
所以我个人为什么从来不选慢车道呢?
First of all, I would have to sell my life in the form of time, the most valuable commodity I have.
首先,我会以时间的形式出卖我的人生,时间是我拥有的最宝贵的商品。
And, I know I can give value to the world, and a 7% return is just ridiculously small.
而且我知道我可以给这个世界带来价值,7%的回报少的荒唐。
On my investment into FightMediocrity this year, I'm going to get a 10,000% return.
我投资“战胜平庸”的这一年,回报高达10000%。
Yes, not 7%, 10,000%. And that's being conservative and assuming I don't put out a product.
是的,不是7%,是10000%。那还是保守来说,假如我没投放这个产品呢。
That's another huge benefit of producing instead of consuming.
那是生产而不是消费的又一巨大利益。
There is no limit to how much you can grow your business.
你生意增长多少没有限制。
You can easily double your business in months, but can you easily double your salary in months?
你可以在数月内把你的生意轻易的翻倍,但是你可以在数月内把工资翻倍吗?
Haha... Yeah, go into your boss' office and say,
啊…去老板办公室找他谈,
"Hey, I would like to go from $20/hr to $40/hr in the next 3 months," and see how that goes.
“嘿,我希望在未来3个月内时薪从20美元涨到40美元,”看看会怎样。
Sadly, with all this said, the best option for most people is still the slowlane.
可悲的是,说到这,对大多数人来说最好选择还是慢车道。
But, being in the fastlane isn't impossible.
但是,进入快车道也不是不可能。
Even if you aren't really in the position to give anything to the world right now.
尽管你现在还不能给予这个世界什么。
As long as you're developing yourself the right way, you can be.
但只要你在正确的道路上发展自己,你就可以进入快车道。
The more people you help, and the bigger the magnitude of your help, the richer you will be.
你帮助越多的人,你的帮助越大,你就会越富有。
This is why Bill Gates is rich and the cashier at your store isn't.
这就是比尔·盖茨有钱,但你们商店的收银员却没钱的原因。
It's very simple, Gates has provided bigger value to more people than the cashier has.
很简单,和收银员相比,盖茨给更多的人提供了更大的价值。
But again, remember, if you want to be in the fastlane, if you want to be able to give to the world,
但在此重申,请记住,如果你想进入快车道,如果想对世界做贡献,
you're going to have to spend a little more time in the library and a little less time in front of the TV.
就需要多花点时间在图书馆,少花点时间看电视。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
misleading [mis'li:diŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人误解的

 
esoteric [.esəu'terik]

想一想再看

adj. 秘传的,神秘的,难懂的

联想记忆
invention [in'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发明,发明物,虚构,虚构物

 
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
athlete ['æθli:t]

想一想再看

n. 运动员

 
magnitude ['mægnitju:d]

想一想再看

n. 大小,重要,光度,(地震)级数,(星星)等级

联想记忆
engage [in'geidʒ]

想一想再看

v. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。