When thou shalt be disposed to set me light,
有一天我或许在你心中一落千丈,
And place my merit in the eye of scorn,
我过去的长处只赢得你轻慢的目光。
Upon thy side against myself I'll fight,
那时我当奋起反抗自己,
And prove thee virtuous, though thou art forsworn.
忘掉你的负心,证明你高尚。
With mine own weakness being best acquainted,
对自己的缺点我最知内情,
Upon thy part I can set down a story
为了你我可以编造撒谎,
Of faults conceal'd, wherein I am attainted,
说我内藏奸诈、人所不齿,
That thou in losing me shalt win much glory:
你失掉我的友谊,但赢得人们的赞扬。
And I by this will be a gainer too;
我由此也将别有补偿,
For bending all my loving thoughts on thee,
我虽然设计将自己损伤,
The injuries that to myself I do,
但既然我全部的爱心都在你身上,
Doing thee vantage, double-vantage me.
伤我就保了你,保了你我也就沾光。
Such is my love, to thee I so belong,
一切全属于你,我的爱就是这样,
That for thy right myself will bear all wrong.
只要为了你好,我情愿蹈火赴汤