But wherefore do not you a mightier way
但为什么你不用更有效的方法
Make war upon this bloody tyrant Time?
去反抗这嗜血的时间魔王,
And fortify yourself in your decay
或用更幸福的手段来抵抗衰朽,
With means more blessed than my barren rhyme?
却反借重我这不育的诗行?
Now stand you on the top of happy hours,
如今你置身于桃花运的顶峰之上,
And many maiden gardens, yet unset,
有许多处女园等待你栽插红芳,
With virtuous wish would bear you living flowers,
殷切地盼望着你植下活花朵朵,
Much liker than your painted counterfeit.
花儿比你的画像更显出你的真相。
So should the lines of life that life repair,
所以生命只能靠生命线维系,
Which this time's pencil, or my pupil pen,
不论是我的涂鸦还是当代的画匠
Neither in inward worth nor outward fair
都不能使你活现在人们心房,
Can make you live yourself in eyes of men.
让你内在和外在的美色昭彰。
To give away yourself keeps yourself still,
故弃你自己将反使你自己长在,
And you must live, drawn by your own sweet skill.
想生存就得靠把传宗妙技发扬。