手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:母亲再婚究竟有多难

编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • I don't believe it. I just got off the phone with my mother and she dropped a bombshell.
  • 难以置信。我刚跟妈妈通完电话,她给我丢下一枚重磅炸弹。
  • What did she tell you?
  • 她说什么了?
  • She's thinking of remarrying.
  • 她想要再婚。
  • Are your parents divorced?
  • 你的父母离婚了吗?
  • No, my mother is a widow. My father passed away eight years ago.
  • 不是的,我妈妈是寡妇。我爸爸八年前去世了。
  • Oh, I'm sorry. You don't approve of your prospective stepfather?
  • 哦,很抱歉唐突了。你不想要有个继父是吗?
  • Uh, don't use that term. I don't like or dislike him.
  • 呃,请不要用这种词汇。我对他没有感情或者说不喜欢他。
  • It's just that my mother should not be remarrying—period.
  • 我只是觉得我妈妈短期内不应该再婚。
  • She should stay true to my father's memory.
  • 她应该保持对我父亲的忠贞。
  • After eight years?
  • 在八年之后吗?
  • Theirs was a picture-perfect marriage. How could she forget about it and take up with this other guy?
  • 他们的婚姻十分美满。她怎么可以将这份感情抛之脑后转而跟别人交往呢?
  • Don't you want your mother to move on and be happy?
  • 你不想让母亲向前看,过得开心一点吗?
  • By replacing my father with this new guy?
  • 难道要用新欢代替我父亲位置的方式吗?
  • I'm sure she's not trying to replace him. She just wants a new love in her life.
  • 我敢肯定你妈妈并无此意。她只是想在余生开始一段新的感情。
  • My father was the love of her life. This other guy is a pale substitute.
  • 我父亲才是她毕生所爱。而那个男人充其量不过是个卑微的替代品。
  • Can't you just be happy for her?
  • 你就不能祝福她吗?
  • I'm never betraying my father's memory.
  • 我永远都不会背叛我的父亲。
  • Does that mean you'll never marry?
  • 你的意思是你不打算结婚?
  • Well, no, I can stay true to my father's memory and still get married.
  • 呃,不是的,我忠于父亲跟我结婚是两码事。
  • So can your mother!
  • 你妈妈亦是如此!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Ellie: I don't believe it. I just got off the phone with my mother and she dropped a bombshell.

埃莉:难以置信。我刚跟妈妈通完电话,她给我丢下一枚重磅炸弹。
Laurent: What did she tell you?
劳伦:她说什么了?
Ellie: Shes thinking of remarrying.
埃莉:她想要再婚。

pod170115.jpg

Laurent: Are your parents divorced?

劳伦:你的父母离婚了吗?
Ellie: No, my mother is a widow. My father passed away eight years ago.
埃莉:不是的,我妈妈是寡妇。我爸爸八年前去世了。
Laurent: Oh, Im sorry. You dont approve of your prospective stepfather?
劳伦:哦,很抱歉唐突了。你不想要有个继父是吗?
Ellie: Uh, dont use that term. I don't like or dislike him. Its just that my mother should not be remarryingperiod. She should stay true to my fathers memory.
埃莉:呃,请不要用这种词汇。我对他没有感情或者说不喜欢他。我只是觉得我妈妈短期内不应该再婚。她应该保持对我父亲的忠贞。
Laurent: After eight years?
劳伦:在八年之后吗?
Ellie: Theirs was a picture-perfect marriage. How could she forget about it and take up with this other guy?
埃莉:他们的婚姻十分美满。她怎么可以将这份感情抛之脑后转而跟别人交往呢?
Laurent: Dont you want your mother to move on and be happy?
劳伦:你不想让母亲向前看,过得开心一点吗?
Ellie: By replacing my father with this new guy?
埃莉:难道要用代替我父亲位置的方式吗?
Laurent: Im sure shes not trying to replace him. She just wants a new love in her life.
劳伦:我敢肯定你妈妈并无此意。她只是想在余生开始一段新的感情。
Ellie: My father was the love of her life. This other guy is a pale substitute.
埃莉:我父亲才是她毕生所爱。而那个男人充其量不过是个卑微的替代品。
Laurent: Cant you just be happy for her?
劳伦:你就不能祝福她吗?
Ellie: Im never betraying my fathers memory.
埃莉:我永远都不会背叛我的父亲。
Laurent: Does that mean youll never marry?
劳伦:你的意思是你不打算结婚?
Ellie: Well, no, I can stay true to my fathers memory and still get married.
埃莉:呃,不是的,我忠于父亲跟我结婚是两码事。
Laurent: So can your mother!
劳伦:你妈妈亦是如此!

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
resignation [.rezig'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 辞职,辞呈,顺从

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
dislike [dis'laik]

想一想再看

v. 不喜欢,厌恶
n. 不喜爱,厌恶,反感

联想记忆
substitute ['sʌbstitju:t]

想一想再看

n. 代替者,代用品
vt. 用 ... 代替

联想记忆
approve [ə'pru:v]

想一想再看

v. 批准,赞成,同意,称许

联想记忆
replace [ri(:)'pleis]

想一想再看

vt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。