I knew I had to take a banjo with me to China.
我这时候知道我肯定会带着班卓琴去中国了
So before going to law school in China, I bought a banjo,
在出发去中国的法学院之前,我买了个班卓琴,
I threw it in my little red truck and I traveled down through Appalachia
把它扔进我的红色小皮卡里,然后我一路开到了阿巴拉契亚
and I learned a bunch of old American songs,
途中也学了一堆美国风老歌
and I ended up in Kentucky at the International Bluegrass Music Association Convention.
最后我来到了肯塔基的国际蓝草音乐联盟大会
And I was sitting in a hallway one night and a couple girls came up to me.
有天晚上我坐在走廊里,几个姑娘走了过来
And they said, "Hey, do you want to jam?" And I was like, "Sure."
她们问我:“嘿,来个小合奏呗?”我说:“成啊!”
So I picked up my banjo and I nervously played four songs that I actually knew with them.
然后我拿起班卓琴,非常紧张地和她们合奏了四首歌
And a record executive walked up to me and invited me to Nashville, Tennessee to make a record.
然后一个唱片公司的管理人员走了过来,然后邀请我去田纳西的纳什维尔(被称为音乐之都)录专辑
It's been eight years, and I can tell you that I didn't go to China to become a lawyer.
八年过去了,我没去中国当律师
In fact, I went to Nashville. And after a few months I was writing songs.
事实上,我去了纳什维尔。几个月之后我就开始自己写歌
And the first song I wrote was in English, and the second one was in Chinese.
第一首是用英文写的,第二首是中文
Outside your door the world is waiting. Inside your heart a voice is calling.
门外有个世界,心中有个声音
The four corners of the world are watching, so travel daughter, travel. Go get it, girl.
四方等你来啊,远行吧我的姑娘,去远行。去追逐你的梦