For 6 years, I was a resident tutor in Leverett House when I was a graduate student and then I also started to teach.
我做过6年莱弗里特宿舍的住校导师我研究生在读时 就开始任教
And what struck me most about conversations that I had, either in Leverett or other houses,
在与学生的交谈中 让我印象最深的是无论是在莱弗里特宿舍或其他地方
Were students is their sense of mission, your sense of mission, your desire to do good,
学生们的使命感 你们的使命感你们对成功的渴望
To make the world a better place. And as I followed many of the students after they graduate,
让世界变得更美好的愿望据我了解 很多学生毕业后
Whether the students who work with me here as undergrads or students who I tutored,
无论是与我一起工作还是我辅导的学生
When I followed the path, it wasn't just empty words. These students went ahead and did wonderful things,
当我了解他们的前路 并不是些空话这些学生勇往直前 做了非常棒的事
Whether it was right out of college, whether it was once they established themselves,
无论是校外校内的无论他们是否刚建立起自身
But there was always this, the back of their mind, very often fore of their minds,
但可以确定的是 他们潜藏的思想很多时候会涌现出来
How can I make this world a better place? Passionate. Idealistic.
我怎样才能使这个世界变得更美好? 充满热情 理想化
Good in the deep sense, good. This desire to make a difference
美好 极其美好渴望改变世界
Come into just about all students. There are many people who talk about this generation
是所有学生都有的想法很多人认为这一代人