Overcoming Procrastination
攻克拖延症
We all procrastinate at some time or other-it's part of being human.
偶尔我们都会做事拖延---这是人性中的一部分。
We frequently put off doing things that we know we should do for a multitude of reasons.
我们经常找大堆的理由将我们该做的事情一推再推。
In today's lesson you will learn why most people procrastinate and how to overcome procrastination and become a Do-It-Now person.
今天的经验之谈你将会弄清为什么大多数人都爱拖延,以及如何攻克拖延症,而成为做事干净利索的人。
The most valuable benefits of being a person who performs responsibilities in a timely manner include an improved self-image and stronger self-confidence.
一个人做事干脆利索的最大益处包括完善自我形象和增强自信两个方面。
In our careers, we will be more respected, produce at a higher level, and be offered opportunities for advancement.
这使我们在工作中更受尊重,有更高的水准的表现,甚至拥有更多的升迁机会;
In our personal lives, we will enjoy more meaningful relationships, be a better example to our children, and find greater fulfillment from life.
(同时)也令我们在个人生活中,享受更有意义的人际关系,给孩子做更好的榜样,从生活中找到更大的满足感。
On the other end of the spectrum, when you consistently put things off and fail to follow through with your responsibilities and commitments, the results can be devastating.
相反地,当你不断地拖延了事,甚至无法尽到自己的职责和义务时,这一切的后果会是毁灭性的。
Common effects include depression, guilt, poor productivity, social disapproval, unemployment, reduced wages, and low self-worth.
常见的后果有:精神抑郁,自责,效率低,不爱社交,失业,降薪,甚至自我价值的贬低。
Procrastination is putting off tasks to a later time.
拖延症是将任务拖到晚些时候去做。
Because of the simplicity of the definition, one might think the solution is also simple—to do what you know you should do even though you don't feel like doing it.
这样的定义听起来很简单,人可能会认为想解决这个问题也不难--即便是不愿意的事情,你也只要去做就好了。
But, it's not that easy for many people.
但是,这对于很多人来说可不容易。
The first step in overcoming procrastination is to understand why you procrastinate.
想战胜拖延症,第一步应应该明白为什么你会做事拖延。
If you don't understand something, you can't control it.
如果你不了解一件事,那你就无法控制它;
If you can't control it, you can't change it.
如果你不能控制它,那你就不能改变它。
Let's take a look at some of the main causes of procrastination.
让我们来看看导致拖延症的一些主要因素。
Make a note of the one's you feel are at the root of your problem.
注意哪些是你的问题之根本所在。
1.Feeling another time would be better.
感觉换个时间做会更好些。
This is when you believe that tomorrow you will be fresher and better prepared to do it.So you put it off.
你相信明天你会更精力充沛,可以准备得更好。所以你把它往后拖了。
2.Poor planning. This is when you underestimate how long something will take.
没计划好。你低估了完成一件事所需要的时间。
This is a common problem when taking on unfamiliar projects and responsibilities.
这种情况在你完成所不熟悉的项目和工作时会经常出现。