That was more luck than everything.
这实在是太幸运了
And this is a much more efficient way to cross a lake than trying to paddle for miles.
相比于划独木舟渡过几公里宽的湖面 这个办法显然更加高效
I kind of got to sit right out in front here so I can.
我坐在船头的位置上
jam my feet in to brace myself,and it doesn't feel like I'm moving very fast through the water,
用双腿来稳住身体 虽然感觉上船速不是很快
but the wind must be at least 10 miles an hour to keep this kite flying,
但风速要至少达到每小时十几公里 才能保证风筝飞起来
and that's much faster than I'd be able to paddle.
这比我划着小浆要快得多
Come on, wind, keep going. don't die on me.
坚持住啊 风儿 别停下
The wind is dropping, but that's no my only problem.
风还是渐渐息了 所谓祸不单行
This canoe is definitely starting to fill up with water.
小船也开始漏水了
It's probably about half full at the moment,
大概已经没过一半了
but I'm hoping it's gonna hang out until I reach the shore over there.
但我希望在我上岸前 它能坚持住
It's also becoming much less stable in the water.
进水后 船的稳定性 明显变差了
I'm fighting a battle on each front here trying to keep the kite up
我现在一心多用 既要维持风筝飞翔
and the boat and the boat level.
还要担心小船 还有不停上升的水位
It's so close to the shore.
离湖岸不远了