Your management team has no experience with delivering hardware.
您的管理团队没有任何硬件经验。
There is a lot of risk in going into an unfamiliar business.
进入不熟悉的业务会有很多风险。
Obviously, we want to hold on to Sun’s experienced team of first-rate hardware engineers.
显然,我们要保留Sun公司的经验丰富的一流硬件工程师团队。
For years, Sun has led the industry in building and delivering innovative systems.
多年来,Sim公司在建设和提供创新系统方面引领业界。
For example, Sun was the first company to deliver systems built on a multicore processor—what Sun called the Niagara chip—and the industry followed.
例如,Sun公司是第一家提供多核处理器系统的公司——Sun公司的Niagara芯片,后来这个业界都开始做。
Oracle has a good track record of retaining the engineering talent from acquired companies; Sun will be no different.
甲骨文公司有从收购的公司中留住工程技术人才的良好记录;Sun公司也将会一样。
In addition, over the last couple of years Oracle gained a lot of experience developing and delivering our first integrated hardware and software system, the Exadata database machine.
此外,在过去的几年里,甲骨文得到了丰富的经验,开发并提供我们的第一个综合硬件和软件系统,Exadata数据库装置。
We have lots of hardware experience inside of Oracle.
甲骨文在公司内部也有硬件生产经验。
Hundreds of Oracle’s engineers came from systems companies like IBM and HP.
甲骨文有数百名工程师来自如IBM和惠普这样的系统公司。
Even I started my Silicon Valley career working for a hardware company that worked with Fujitsu to design and build the first IBM compatible mainframe.
就连我自己刚开始工作的时候也是在硅谷的一家硬件公司,这家公司与富士通合作设计和建造了第一台IBM的兼容大型计算机。
OK, so you have engineers who are experienced at designing hardware as well as software, but Oracle outsourced the manufacturing of the Exadata machine to HP.
好,你已经有了有经验的硬件设计以及软件工程师,但甲骨文将 Exadata机的制造外包给了惠普。
You have no experience in manufacturing.
你们没有任何的制造经验。
Just because we’re buying Sun does not mean Oracle is becoming a manufacturer.
收购Sun并不意味着甲骨文正在成为制造商。
Sun outsources almost all of its manufacturing to companies like Flextronics and Fujitsu.
Sun几乎外包其所有的制造业,比如外包给Flextronics 公司 和富士通。
With one tiny exception, Sun does no manufacturing; neither will we.
但有一个小小的例外,Sun公司没有任何制造历史,我们也不会有。
There has been a lot of speculation in the press that Oracle is going to sell some or all of Sun’s hardware businesses.
很多媒体猜测,甲骨文公司将出售部分或全部的Sun公司的硬件业务。
From your previous answers it certainly seems like you are keeping the SPARC business.
你先前的答案是肯定的,好像你是要保留SPARC Solaris系统业务。
Are you keeping the disk backup businesses?
你是否会保留磁盘存储和磁带备份的业务?