手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:学习一门技术

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • What are you going to do now that you've graduated from high school?
  • 你已经高中毕业了,有什么打算呢?
  • I'm going to trade school.
  • 我要去上专业技术学校。
  • My father was a stone and brick mason and my brother is a mechanic, but I think I'm going to try something different.
  • 我父亲是个石砖匠,我哥哥是技工,但我想我要尝试一下截然不同的东西。
  • Like what?
  • 比如什么?
  • Maybe I'll study to become an electrician or plumber.
  • 也许我会学习成为一名电工或水管工。
  • Those are skills that are always in demand.
  • 这些技能总有用武之地。
  • Don't they have long apprenticeships?
  • 他们没有长期学徒吗?
  • Yes, but it's better than training to be a machinist or technician.
  • 的确有,但接受训练成为一名机械师或技术员更好。
  • It's easier to open your own shop as an electrician or plumber.
  • 而作为电工或水管工很容易就能开自己的店。
  • With your skills, you can always get a job as a carpenter.
  • 有这些技能傍身,你就不愁木匠活了。
  • I think carpentry is a dying art.
  • 我认为木工技艺是一种濒临失传的艺术。
  • Most people don't get furniture or other things custom-made anymore.
  • 大多数人已经不再希望得到定制的家具或其他东西。
  • You know, you could always take a completely different path, learning a completely different skilled trade.
  • 你知道,你总是可以采取一种截然不同的方式,学习一门完全不同的技艺。
  • Like what?
  • 比如?
  • You could become a medical or dental technician or even get a cosmetology degree.
  • 你可以成为一名医疗或牙科技师甚至获得美容学位。
  • Are you serious?!
  • 你是认真的吗? !
  • Would you want these hands cutting your hair?
  • 你想让这些手剪你的头发?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Jeannine:What are you going to do now that you've graduated from high school?

珍妮:你已经高中毕业了,有什么打算呢?
Orlando:I'm going to trade school.
奥兰多:我要去上专业技术学校。
My father was a stone and brick mason and my brother is a mechanic, but I think I'm going to try something different.
我父亲是个石砖匠,我哥哥是技工,但我想我要尝试一下截然不同的东西。
Jeannine:Like what?
珍妮:比如什么?

Orlando:Maybe I'll study to become an electrician or plumber.

奥兰多:也许我会学习成为一名电工或水管工。
Those are skills that are always in demand.
这些技能总有用武之地。
Jeannine:Don't they have long apprenticeships?
珍妮:他们没有长期学徒吗?
Orlando:Yes, but it's better than training to be a machinist or technician.
奥兰多:的确有,但接受训练成为一名机械师或技术员更好。
It's easier to open your own shop as an electrician or plumber.
而作为电工或水管工很容易就能开自己的店。
Jeannine:With your skills, you can always get a job as a carpenter.
珍妮:有这些技能傍身,你就不愁木匠活了。
Orlando:I think carpentry is a dying art.
奥兰多:我认为木工技艺是一种濒临失传的艺术。
Most people don't get furniture or other things custom-made anymore.
大多数人已经不再希望得到定制的家具或其他东西。
Jeannine:You know, you could always take a completely different path, learning a completely different skilled trade.
珍妮:你知道,你总是可以采取一种截然不同的方式,学习一门完全不同的技艺。
Orlando:Like what?
奥兰多:比如?
Jeannine:You could become a medical or dental technician or even get a cosmetology degree.
珍妮:你可以成为一名医疗或牙科技师甚至获得美容学位。
Orlando:Are you serious?!
奥兰多:你是认真的吗? !
Would you want these hands cutting your hair?
你想让这些手剪你的头发?

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mason ['meisn]

想一想再看

n. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员

联想记忆
plumber ['plʌmə]

想一想再看

n. 水管工人

 
dependence [di'pendəns]

想一想再看

n. 依赖,信赖,上瘾

联想记忆
carpenter ['kɑ:pintə]

想一想再看

n. 木匠
v. 做木工活

联想记忆
mechanic [mi'kænik]

想一想再看

adj. 手工的
n. 技工,机修工

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。