In the jungle, everything wants a piece of you--big or small.
在丛林里面 每一样东西都对你虎视眈眈 无论是大是小
And one of the smallest creatures is also one of the most annoying.
哪怕最小的生物都有可能成为大麻烦
Anyone who's ever spent time in the Vietnamese jungle will know all about leeches.
任何来过越南丛林的人 都会知道蚂蝗的厉害之处
Oh, I'm really getting hammered by these things.
我真的已经拍打过这些东西了
Oh, I'll let you see this one.It's just full of blood.You just see how much they take out.
我现在给你看看蚂蝗 它刚吸饱了血 你看看它们吸了多少血
The hot, steamy environment is the perfect place for leeches.
湿热的环境是蚂蝗的最佳生存环境
These weird creatures are heat-seeking and will lie in wait in the leaf litter for months
这些奇怪的生物有热辐射导引 会躺在落叶层里面等待好几个月
until an unsuspecting pig, tiger,or even bear walked past.
直到一头毫无戒心的猪 老虎 甚至熊经过
I don't know about what you do,but I'm getting loads of these leeches on.
我不知道你会做怎么做 但是我身上不断地有蚂蝗爬上来
Look. you can see that.See where they've been feeding.Just blood on the trousers.
看 看这些 看见它们在哪里吸血了吗 就在裤子有血的地方
Actually, you know, it's just worth just checking...checking all over there.
事实上 值得检查一下 里里外外全部检查一下
Yeah, look. Get him off.And I've got a leech-- a Vietnam Vietnamese leech.
把它扯下来 我抓到一条蚂蝗 一条越南蚂蝗
Well, actually, the latin translation is terrifying ferocious leech
蚂蝗按照拉丁文翻译过来 就是凶残的寄生动物
and the reason for that is that they often go for crevices on the human body.
原因是它们通常都 钻到人类的身体里去
And there's a story of a solider in Vietnam who actually had one go right up his "John Thomas"
在越南有一个士兵的故事 有一条蚂蝗径直顺着他的"老二"
and ended up inside his bladder,which you do not want to happen to you.
钻到了膀胱里面去 你不会想要这样的事也发生在你身上吧