Dialogue 2
Xiao Gao: Hey, get this,I heard Bob is getting expelled from school. I'm so happy!
小高:嘿,好消息,我听说鲍勃要被学校开除了,我太高兴了。
Jingjing: What did he do to get the boot?
京晶:他做了什么要让学校开除了?
Xiao Gao: I heard he pulled a prank on the school principal, he was really ticked!
小高:我听说他给校长搞了一个恶作剧,校长很生气,后果很严重。
Jingjing: Now's your window of opportunity, go talk to Jennifer before another jock gets a hold of her.
京晶:那现在就是你的机会来了,快去找珍妮弗表白吧,赶在她没被另一个校队运动员抢走之前。
Xiao Gao: What if she thinks I'm ugly?
小高:那她要是觉得我长得丑怎么办?
Jingjing: Oh, Xiao Gao, I'm sure she'll love your swagger.
京晶:哦,小高,我肯定她会喜欢你的范儿的。
Xiao Gao: I hope so, wish me luck!
小高:我希望是吧,祝我好运!
Jingjing: Good luck!
京晶:祝你好运!
习语短语
1. get this = 快听听这个消息,我有个难以置信的好消息要告诉你
2. expel = 开除
3. the boot =(名词)开除,除名(用于工作或学校)
4. pull a prank = 搞了一个恶作剧
5. ticked = 生气
6. window of opportunity = 希望之窗,指某人做某件事的一个短暂的时机
7. jock = 学校校队的运动员,他们在美国高中和高校里是非常受欢迎的热门人物
8. swagger = 范儿