Dialogue 1:
Jingjing: So, Xiao Gao,do you have the hots for anyone at school?
京晶:嘿,小高,在学校你有喜欢的人吗?
Xiao Gao: Besides you? No one!
小高:除了你之外就没有别人啦!
Jingjing: Gag me! No,seriously, do you like anyone?
京晶:少来,我说真的呢,你有没有喜欢的人?
Xiao Gao: Well, I've had my eyes on Jennifer for a couple of weeks now.
小高:嗯,我最近对珍妮弗很感兴趣,我已经观察她两周了。
Jingjing: So does she know you like her?
京晶:那她知道你喜欢她吗?
Xiao Gao: Not yet, I've seen her flirting with Bob a lot lately, it really rubs me the wrong way.
小高:不知道,我最近总看见她和鲍勃打情骂俏,这让我感到很不舒服。
Jingjing: I think you should ask her to be your study buddy.
京晶:我觉得你可以邀请她当你的学习伙伴。
Xiao Gao: I was thinking I could give her a flower and ask her if she wants to see a movie.
小高:我在想我应该送她一枝花,然后约她去看场电影。
Jingjing: Hold your horses, you should get to know her first, it's too early to act like Prince Charming.
京晶:别太着急,你应该先慢慢了解她,现在就表现得像个白马王子似的还为时过早。
Xiao Gao: Yeah, you're right. Thanks.
小高:嗯,你说的有道理,谢谢。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:别客气。
习语短语
1. have the hots for someone = 对某人感兴趣,迷恋某人
2. Gag me! = 少来了,我要吐了!(用于当某人说了虚假的话或某件很恶心的事情时。)
3. have your eyes on someone = 喜欢某人,对某人感兴趣
4. flirt = 打情骂俏,调情
5. It rubs me the wrong way. = 某种状况让我感觉不舒服。
6. study buddy = 学习伙伴,一起学习互相帮助的伙伴
7. hold your horses =(字面意思是“勒住你的马”)等等,慢慢来
8. Prince Charming = 白马王子