Following a legal statute called the Compassionate Use Act, passed in 1996, those with a medical problem can obtain cannabis from a high street dispensary.
根据一条于1996年通过的,名为"善意使用条例"的法律,病人允许在主要街区的诊所得到大麻。
There's quite a strong smell of cannabis.
这里有很浓的大麻味。
Oh look, look.
噢,看。
These are all edible forms of cannabis, I gues...
我想这些都是可以吃的...
Green label cakes, single shot cakes, triple-X cakes, vegan chocolate chip, vanilla brownie,
大麻绿标蛋糕,一口蛋糕,三叉蛋糕,素食巧克力条,香草布朗尼。
Down here various forms of soda, tea and so forth, chocolate chip, vanilla, rich berries, mango, all cannabis ice-cream.
下面还有各种梳打水,茶,等等。巧克力条,香草,草莓,芒果口味,都是大麻冰淇凌。
There's two condensed buds of cannabis.
这是两块浓缩的大麻。
Oh, and look—a joint itself.
看,这里是大麻烟。
And here's sort of...the centre of the operation, I think.
我想这里是操作台。
And look and behold, it's a sort of bank of cannabis there.
看后面,就像是大麻银行一样。
One of the people making medical use of marijuana, as it's known in the US, is Allison Stanley.
在美国,把大麻当做药物使用的其中一个著名人物是埃里森·斯坦利。
When I started to look into this, I thought "No way. This is just another, you know, gimmick. This is for potheads, this is for druggies. you know, I don't want to get addicted. I wasn't for it in the beginning.
当我第一次接触它的时候,我想“没门,这是给瘾君子的,这可是陷阱。这都是给吸毒的人用的,我可不想上瘾。一开始我对它很抗拒。”
But after exhausting all conventional treatments, she had to reconsider.
但在尝遍所有的传统疗法后,她重新考虑了大麻。
I was in a very serious car accident last summer, where I was shoved under the dashboard.
去年夏天,我遭遇了严重的车祸,我撞进了仪表板。
And I had a detached colon as a result of it.
结果是我的结肠被撞破。
I had a knee injury, I have a shoulder injury.
膝盖、 肩膀都受伤。
And I'm going through multiple surgeries.
我做了多次的手术。
And my doctors weren't able to address the pain issue, or the lack of sleep that I was getting.
我的医生无法处理我的疼痛以及失眠问题。
I keep it in my bedroom, and only in my bedroom.
我把它放在我的卧室里,也只放在我的卧室里。
All you do is insert this...and you do this.
你要做是把这个插进去,然后吸。
Well, it helps with the pain, definitely. And it definitely helps me sleep at night.
它的确能止痛,而且它的确对我的睡眠有帮助。
So it's brought life back to me.
它让我的生活变得正常。