Symphony #5, Movement 2 piano Song
贝多芬第五交响乐第二乐章
I've been thinking, if Mr. Beethoven and his housekeeper did leave, surely we could find someone nice to live upstairs.
我一直在想如果贝多芬先生和他的女管家真的搬走的话,很确信我们能够找到和蔼的人住在楼上。
The rooms are large, and father's patients always talked about the view of the river.
楼上的房间大极了,爸爸的病人们总是爱谈论河边的美景。
Father used to carry me down by the riverbank on his shoulders.
爸爸曾经把我举在他的肩头上带我去河边。
Mother says it's dangerous to stand close to the water, but she says I am old enough now to go down there, if I want to, on my own.
妈妈说靠近水边很危险,但是她现在说我已近长大了。如果我想的话,可以自己去河边。
Dear Uncle, I have now seen with my own eyes that Mr. Beethoven is mad.
亲爱的叔叔,我现在亲眼看见贝多芬先生发疯了。
I will tell you the story in the hope that you will do something.
我将把这个故事说给你听,希望你能做些什么。
Last night, when I was getting ready for bed, I happened to look up to the ceiling. I noticed water collecting there.
昨天晚上,当我准备睡觉的时候,刚好抬头看了看天花板。我注意到天花板上有积水。
As usual, mother was busy with the twins.
和往常一样,妈妈忙着照顾双胞胎们。
So I climbed up the stairs and crept along the hall to Mr. Beethoven's room. I peeked in the door.
所以我爬上楼梯,沿着走廊来到贝多芬先生的房间。透过门,我偷偷地观察。
He was standing in his room with no shirt on. He had a jug of water in his hands.
贝多芬先生站在房间里,没有穿衬衫。手里拎着一壶水。
He was pouring the water all over his head, right there in the middle of the room.
他就站在房间中央,把水从头上灌了下来。
He shook his head like a wild animal; and all the time stamping his feet like he was marching or listening to a song.
甩了甩头,像极了一头野兽。他一直在跺着脚,好像是在听着歌儿。
You should see my father's study!
你应该是看过我爸爸学习时的样子。
Do you remember how tidy he was?
你还记得他是有多么整洁么?
Well now, there are papers lying everywhere – on the floor, on the chairs, on the bed which isn't made.
但是现在,到处都散落着纸张:地板上、椅子上、床上。
There are dirty dishes stacked up, and clothing crumpled on the floor.
地上有堆叠在一起的脏盘子、皱巴巴的衣服。
And another thing: he has been writing with a pencil on the wall!
还有一件事:他一直用铅笔在墙上写字!
Dear Uncle, Do you remember I told you once about a stray dog who was whining on the street?
亲爱的叔叔,你还记得我跟你说过的那条一直在街上晃悠的流浪狗么?
He is a small and spotted dog and I have found a way to stop his crying.
它很小,是条斑点狗。我找到让它不吵闹的方法了。
Today, he seemed quite pleased to share my sugar cake from lunch.
今天,它吃了我午餐的糖蛋糕,似乎很高兴。
This afternoon a carriage pulled up and the driver handed me a card. It said "Prince Karl Lichnowsky".
下午,一辆马车停在我旁边,车夫递给我一张卡片。上面写着“Karl Lichnowsky王子”。
And I saw in the back of the carriage, the prince himself.
我在马车后面看见了王子他本人。
He called out to me and said, "If Mr. Beethoven's door is closed, please do not disturb him."
王子把我叫到跟前说,“如果贝多芬先生的门是关的,请不要打扰他。”
Mr. Beethoven must be a terrible man if even a prince is afraid of him.
如果连王子都害怕贝多芬先生的话,那么他一定是很恐怖的人。