杰米:如果我们公司想要发展,我们就得寻找新兴市场。
It makes sense to get a foothold in a few countries that may have developed markets within the next 20 years.
在一些国家找到立足点,这样未来20年内发展市场就变得非常有意义。
Nina:But there's no guarantee that rapid growth in a country's economy now will be sustainable years from now.
尼娜:但可不能保证一个国家的经济快速增长从现在开始就一直持续。
I think it's too much of a gamble myself.

Jamie:There are certainly no guarantees, but by the time it all shakes out and it's clear which markets are the most promising,we will have missed the boat.
杰米:当然没有担保,但当一切尘埃落定,很明显哪个市场最有前途,我们就会错过大好时机。
Nina:So what are you suggesting?
尼娜:那你在暗示什么呢?
Should we pick one or two markets to invest in,or hedge our bets and invest in several?
我们应该投资一个还是两个市场,两面下注或投资几个?
Jamie:I think we should identify the countries that have shown strong economic growth in the past 10 years and focus on those.
杰米:我想我们应该找出那些在过去10年强劲经济增长的国家并且重点关注。
Nina:I still think it may be too risky, but I'm willing consider the idea.
尼娜:我仍然觉得可能风险有些过大,但我愿意考虑。
Work up a proposal and I'll look at it.
写份企划书之后交给我。
Jamie:You will? This is great.
杰米:你觉得这样可以? 这真是个很棒的点子。
I didn't think you'd be so receptive.
我觉得你不会接受。
Nina:I'm not making any promises, but I'll keep an open mind.
尼娜:我是不会做任何承诺,但我会总是保持开朗的心态。
Just make it short and sweet.
只是让它简单明了。
Jamie:Short and sweet is my middle name!
杰米:这可是我最大的特点!