手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 公众人物毕业演讲 > 正文

第30期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(11)

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Many of these women had been abandoned by their husbands.

她们很多人都被丈夫抛弃了
That's why they even went into prostitution.
不得已靠卖身为生
They wanted to be able to feed their children.
她们必须想办法养活自己的孩子
They were so low in the eyes of society
她们在社会的眼中如此卑贱 以致于
that they could be raped and robbed and beaten by anyone, even the police,
任何人 甚至警察都可以随意强奸 抢劫和殴打她们
and nobody cared.
但却没人关心
Talking to them about their lives was so moving to me,
同她们的对话让我动容
but what I remember most was how much they wanted to be touched.
我印象最深刻的是 她们很希望同人接触
They wanted to touch me and to be touched by them.
她们希望接触我 也希望我接触她们
It was if physical contact
似乎只有通过这种身体接触
somehow proved their worth.
她们才能体会到自己的存在价值
And so before I left,
于是我在离开之前
we linked arms hand in hand and did a photo together.
同她们手拉着手照了合影
Later that same day,
还是那一天
I spent some time in India in a home for the dying.
我后来又去了一所垂死之家
I walked into a large hall and I saw rows and rows of cots
我走过大厅 看到一排排病床
and every cot was attended to except for one, that was far off in the corner.
每张病床都有人照料 除了角落里的那张略显孤独
And so I decided to go over there.
于是我决定过去看看
The patient who was in this room was a woman in her 30s.
床上是一位三十多岁的女性
And I remember her eyes.
我深深记得她的眼睛
She had these huge, brown, sorrowful eyes.
她有一对充满悲伤的棕色大眼睛

重点单词   查看全部解释    
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。