Today, as I suspend my campaign,
今天,我终止参加竞选活动。
I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run.
我要对奥巴马所取得的胜利以及他在竞选中取得的不俗成绩表示祝贺。
I endorse him and throw my full support behind him.
我将在他身后全力支持他。
And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.
我要你们所有人和我一起支持奥巴马,就像你们支持我那样去支持他。
I have served in the Senate with him for four years.
我和他在参议院工作了4年。
I have been in this campaign with him for 16 months.
在过去的16个月里,我和他竞选总统。
I have stood on the stage and gone toe-to-toe with him in 22 debates.
我站在台上和他面对面进行了22场辩论。
I've had a front-row seat to his candidacy, and I have seen his strength and determination, his grace and his grit.
我曾坐在他候选演讲的最前排,我看到了他的力量和决断、他的优雅和刚毅。
In his own life, Barack Obama has lived the American dream, as a community organizer.
在他自己的生命中,巴拉克·奥巴马作为团体的组织者实现着美国梦。
In the State Senate, as a United States senator, he has dedicated himself to ensuring the dream is realized.
在参议院中,他作为国家参议员全力以赴确保这个梦得以实现。
And in this campaign, he has inspired so many to become involved in the democratic process and invested in our common future.
在竞选中,他鼓舞了无数人来加入推进民主进程,为了我们共同的未来而努力。
Now, when I started this race,
现在,当我开始了这项竞选。
I intended to win back the White House and make sure we have a president who puts our country back on the path to peace, prosperity and progress.
我的目的是赢得白宫并且确定我们能够有一个这样的总统,他使我们的国家和平、富足、进步。
And that's exactly what we're going to, by ensuring that Barack Obama walks through the doors of the Oval Office on January 20, 2009.
这正是我们要做的事:确保巴拉克·奥巴马在2009年1月20日能够进入那椭圆形办公室的大门。