Lannister, he said, yanking loose the scarf to uncover his mouth. This is the last place I would have expected to see you.
兰尼斯特,他边说边拉开盖住嘴巴的围巾。想不到会在这里碰见你。
He carried a heavy spear tipped in iron, taller than he was, and a sword hung at his side in a leather sheath.
他带了一支比他人还高的铁头重矛,佩剑装上皮套,悬在腰际。
Across his chest was a gleaming black warhorn, banded with silver.
他的胸前则挂着一支发亮的黑色镶银号角。
This is the last place I would have expected to be seen, Tyrion admitted. I was captured by a whim.
我也想不到在这里竟还会被人发现。提利昂坦承,我突然有个念头,
If I touch Ghost, will he chew my hand off?
如果我摸摸白灵,他会把我的手给咬掉么?
Not with me here, Jon promised.
如果我在场就不会。琼恩向他保证。
Tyrion scratched the white wolf behind the ears. The red eyes watched him impassively.
提利昂搔搔白狼的耳背。它用那双红眼睛无动于衷地看着他。
The beast came up as high as his chest now. Another year, and Tyrion had the gloomy feeling he'd be looking up at him. What are you doing up here tonight? he asked.
这只野兽已经长到他胸口这么高了。再过一年,提利昂阴沉地想,它搞不好会长得比他自己还高。你今晚在这干啥?他问,
Besides freezing your manhood off.
莫非想把命根子给冻掉
I have drawn night guard, Jon said. Again.
我抽到值夜班的签。琼恩说,也不是第一次了。
Ser Alliser has kindly arranged for the watch commander to take a special interest in me.
好心的艾里沙爵士要守卫长对我多加关照。
He seems to think that if they keep me awake half the night, I'll fall asleep during morning drill. So far I have disappointed him.
他大概以为只要让我半夜无休,我就会在晨训时打瞌睡。但到目前为止我让他失望了。
Tyrion grinned. And has Ghost learned to juggle yet?
提利昂嘿嘿一笑:那白灵会变魔术了没?
No, said Jon, smiling, but Grenn held his own against Halder this morning, and Pyp is no longer dropping his sword quite so often as he did.
还没。琼恩微笑道,但葛兰今早上已经可以和霍德一较高下,而且派普也不再像以前那样老是掉剑了。
Pyp?Pypar is his real name.
派普?他本名是派普尔。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。