手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 那些似水流年 > 正文

双语美文之那些似水流年 第6期:雨中的奔跑

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

She had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart.

她和妈妈刚在沃尔玛结束购物。
She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful brown haired, freckle-faced image of innocence.
这个天真的小女孩应该6岁大了,头发是美丽的棕色,脸上有雀斑。
It was pouring outside.
外面下着倾盆大雨。
The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the Earth,it has no time to flow down the spout.
雨水溢满了檐槽,来不及排走,就迫不及待地涌涨上地面。
We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Wal-Mart.
我们都站在沃尔玛门口的遮篷下。
We all waited, some patiently, others irritated, because nature messed up their hurried day.
大家都在等待,有人很耐心,有人很烦躁,因为老天在给他们本已忙碌的一天添乱。
I am always mesmerized by rainfall.
雨天总引起我的遐思。
I get lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world.
我出神地听着、看着老天冲刷洗涤这世界的污垢和尘埃,
Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.
孩时无忧无虑地在雨中奔跑玩水的记忆汹涌而至,暂时缓解了我一天的焦虑。
Her voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in,Mom, let's run through the rain. she said.
小女孩甜美的声音打破了这令人昏昏欲睡的气氛,妈妈,我们在雨里跑吧。她说。
What? Mom asked.
什么?母亲问。
Let's run through the rain! She repeated.
我们在雨里跑吧,她重复。
No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit. Mom replied.
不,亲爱的,我们等雨小一点再走。母亲回答说。
This young child waited about another minute and repeated: Mom, let's run through the rain.
过了一会小女孩又说:妈妈,我们跑出去吧。
We'll get soaked if we do. Mom said.

这样的话我们会湿透的。母亲说。

No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning, the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.
不会的,妈妈。你今天早上不是这样说的。小女孩一边说一边拉着母亲的手。
This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?
今天早上?我什么时候说过我们淋雨不会湿啊?
Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!
你不记得了吗?你和爸爸谈他的癌症时,你不是说‘如果上帝让我们闯过这一关,那我们就没有什么过不去。
The entire crowd stopped dead silent.
人群一片寂静。
I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently.
我发誓,除了雨声,你什么都听不到。我们都静静地站着。
No one came or left in the next few minutes.Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.
接下来的几分钟没有一个人走动。母亲停了一下,想着应该说些什么。
Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly.
有人也许会对此一笑了之,或者责备这孩子的不懂事,
Some might even ignore what was said.
有人甚至不把她的话放在心上。
But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life.
但这却是一个小孩子一生中需要被肯定的时候。
Time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.
若受到鼓舞,此时孩子单纯的信任就会发展成为坚定的信念。
Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain.
亲爱的,你说得对,我们跑过去吧。
If get wet, well maybe we just needed washing. Mom said.
如果淋湿了,那也许是因为我们的确需要冲洗一下了。母亲说。
Then off they ran.
然后她们就冲出去了。
We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and.
我们站在那里,笑着看她们飞快地跑过停着的汽车。
They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case.
她们把购物袋高举过头想挡挡雨,
They got soaked.
但还是湿透了。
But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.
好几个人像孩子般尖叫着,大笑着,也跟着冲了出去,奔向自己的车子。
And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.
当然,我也这样做了,跑了出去,淋湿了。
Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health.
我也需要接受洗礼。环境或其他人可以夺去你的物质财富,抢走你的金钱,带走你的健康,
But no one can ever take away your precious memories.
但没有人可以带走你珍贵的回忆。
So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories every day!
因此,记得要抓紧时间,抓住机会每天都给自己留下一些回忆吧!
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.
世间万物皆有自己的季节,做任何事情也有一个恰当的时机。
I hope you still take the time to run through the rain.
希望你有机会在雨中狂奔一回。
重点单词   查看全部解释    
innocence ['inəsns]

想一想再看

n. 无罪,无知,天真无邪

联想记忆
reprieve [ri'pri:v]

想一想再看

n. 缓刑,缓刑令 v. 暂缓处刑,暂时得救

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
freckle ['frekl]

想一想再看

n. 雀斑,斑点
v. 长雀斑

联想记忆
soaked [səukt]

想一想再看

adj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词

 
affirmation [.æfə:'meiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 肯定,断言,主张

 
aggravate ['ægrəveit]

想一想再看

vt. 使 ... 恶化,使 ... 更严重

联想记忆
discharge [dis'tʃɑ:dʒ]

想一想再看

v. 放出,解雇,放电,解除,清偿债务
n.

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。