Situation13: Arriving at the Party
场景13:到达晚会现场
(Mike, Charles and Bill arrive at the hotel and ask the doorman for directions.)
(麦克、查尔斯和比尔到了宾馆并问守门人方向。)
Excuse me, but could you tell us where the grand ballroom is?
请原谅,你能告诉我们豪华舞厅在哪吗?
Of course, sir.
当然,先生。
The grand ballroom is located on the second floor in the rear of the hotel.
豪华舞厅在宾馆后面的三楼上。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
(Mike, Charles and Bill go up to the second floor and arrive at the entrance to the grand ballroom.
(麦克、查尔斯和比尔上了三楼到了豪华舞厅的入口。
There is a woman standing in front of the door.)
门前站着一个女人。)
Good evening, gentlemen. May I see your invitations?
晚上好,先生们。我能看看你们的请柬吗?
Mike, you didn't tell me about any invitations.
麦克,你没有告诉我什么请柬 。
Yeah, Mike, I thought you called Sarah and took care of it.
是的,麦克,我想你要打电话给萨勒并问一下。
I did. Look, miss……
我会的,瞧,小姐……
(The woman cuts Mike off.)
(这个女人打断麦克。)
My name is not miss, it's Barbara.
我不叫小姐,我叫芭柏乐。
I'm sorry, Barbara, if I could just go in there and talk
对不起,芭柏乐,如果我能进去
to my friend Sarah I'm sure she could straighten this out.
跟我的朋友萨勒说一下,我保证她可以解决。
I'm sorry. Not without an invitation.
对不起。没有请柬不行。
Yes, I understand.
是的,我明白。
But to get our invitations I have to go in and talk to Sarah.
但我必须进去跟萨勒说才有请柬。
Well, okay. But only you.
好吧。但是只有你能进去。
Your friends will have to wait here until you all have invitations.
你的朋友得在这等着直到你们都拿到请柬。
That's fine. I'll be right back.
那好。我会马上回来。
(Mike goes in, finds Sarah, and returns with three invitations.)
(麦克进去,找到萨勒,拿着三张请柬回来了。)
Here you are, Barbara, three invitations. Sorry to bother you.
给你,芭柏乐, 三张请柬,很抱歉麻烦你。
No bother, I was just doing my job.
不麻烦,我只是做我的工作而已。