Situation10: Calling for Directions
场景10:打电话问地址
(Mike calls Sarah's sorority to get direction to the party
(Mike打电话给Sarah的女生会问去参加晚会的地址。)
Hello, may I speak with Sarah, please?
喂,请找一下Sarah,好吗?
Sarah's not here. Can I take a message?
Sarah不在。我可以带个口信吗?
No, no message.
不了,没有口信。
I was just calling for directions to the party tonight.
我只是想问今晚开晚会的地址。
Do you know where it is?
你知道在哪吗?
Sure, I'm going too.
当然,我也去
It's in the grand ballroom of the Hyatt Hotel.
在Hyatt宾馆的豪华舞厅。
And what's the best way to get there from school?
从学校去那最好是哪条路?
Will you be driving?
你要开车吗?
Well, I won't, but my friend Bill has a car, and my roommate and I will be going with him.
我不开,但是我的朋友Bill有车,我的室友和我将和他一起去。
Okay, it's really easy.
好的,那就简单了。
Just go straight down Main Street heading toward downtown.
只要直走主街道到商业区。
Then turn right on Brattle Street, you know where Barttle is, right?
然后在Brattle街向右拐,你知道Barttle街在哪,是吗?
Yeah, isn't there a Gap clothing store on the corner?
是的,那是不是有家个性服饰店在拐角的地方?
Right. And from there just go down about four blocks and the Hyatt is on the corner of Barttle and Kearney Street.
对。从那里只要一直走四个区,Hyatt就在Barttle和Kearney街道的拐角处
And the grand ballroom is on the second floor. Did you get all that?
并且豪华舞厅在二楼。你都记下来了吗?
Got it. Anything else I should know?
记下来了。还有没有我应该知道的?
No, just be there a little early or all the good food will be gone.
没有,你只要早点去那否则所有的好吃的都会没有的。
Okay, we'll be there at eight o'clock sharp.
好的,我们会整八点到那。
Fine, but the party starts at seven.
好,可是晚会七点开始。
That's right. I forgot.
对,我忘了。
We'll be there no later than quarter after seven, okay?
我们会不迟于七点一刻到那,好吗?
Great. See you then.
太好了。那再见。
See you then. Bye.
再见