手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 暮光之城暮色 > 正文

有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第185期:第十二章 平衡(1)

编辑:Andersen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • 12. BALANCING
  • 第十二章 平衡
  • "Billy!" Charlie called as soon as he got out of the car.
  • “比利!”查理一下车就喊道。
  • I turned toward the house, beckoning to Jacob as I ducked under the porch.
  • 我转身向屋子走去,躲到门廊底下的时候,我才向雅克布招手示意。
  • I heard Charlie greeting them loudly behind me.
  • 我听到查理在我身后招呼着他们。
  • "I'm going to pretend I didn't see you behind the wheel, Jake," he said disapprovingly.
  • “我会假装没有看到你坐在方向盘后的,杰克。”他不以为然地说道。
  • "We get permits early on the rez," Jacob said while I unlocked the door and flicked on the porch light.
  • “在保留区我们会更早地拿到驾照。”雅克布说道。这时我打开门,在门廊里轻拂着头发。
  • "Sure you do," Charlie laughed.
  • “你当然会。”查理大笑着说。
  • "I have to get around somehow."
  • “无论如何我都得到处转转。”
  • I recognized Billy's resonant voice easily, despite the years.
  • 不管过了多少年,我依然能轻而易举地认出比利洪亮的声音。
  • The sound of it made me feel suddenly younger, a child.
  • 这声音让我忽然觉得自己小了几岁,还是个孩子。
  • I went inside, leaving the door open behind me and turning on lights before I hung up my jacket.
  • 我走进屋,把门敞开着,在挂起我的夹克以前先把灯打开。
  • Then I stood in the door, watching anxiously as Charlie and Jacob helped Billy out of the car and into his wheelchair.
  • 然后我站在门里,焦急地看着查理和雅克布帮助比利从车里出来,坐到轮椅上。
  • I backed out of the way as the three of them hurried in, shaking off the rain.
  • 当他们三个冲进来,甩着身上的雨水时,我让开了路。
  • "This is a surprise," Charlie was saying.
  • “这实在是个惊喜。”查理说着。
  • "It's been too long," Billy answered. "I hope it's not a bad time."
  • “已经过了很久了。”比利回答道。“我希望那段时间不算太糟糕。”
  • His dark eyes flashed up to me again, their expression unreadable.
  • 他黑色的眼睛又一次掠过我,眼里的神情让人难以读懂。
  • "No, it's great. I hope you can stay for the game."
  • “不,那好极了。我希望你能留下来看比赛。”
  • Jacob grinned. "I think that's the plan—our TV broke last week."
  • 雅克布咧嘴一笑。“我想计划是这样的——我们的电视机上个礼拜坏掉了。”
  • Billy made a face at his son.
  • 比利对自己的儿子作了个鬼脸。
  • "And, of course, Jacob was anxious to see Bella again," he added.
  • “还有,当然,雅克布也渴望着再次见到贝拉。”他补充道。
  • Jacob scowled and ducked his head while I fought back a surge of remorse.
  • 雅克布皱起眉,迅速低下了头。我按捺住了一阵汹涌而至的自责。
  • Maybe I'd been too convincing on the beach.
  • 也许在沙滩上我表现得太令人信服了。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

12. BALANCING

第十二章 平衡

"Billy!" Charlie called as soon as he got out of the car.

“比利!”查理一下车就喊道。

I turned toward the house, beckoning to Jacob as I ducked under the porch. I heard Charlie greeting them loudly behind me.

我转身向屋子走去,躲到门廊底下的时候,我才向雅克布招手示意。我听到查理在我身后招呼着他们。

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see you behind the wheel, Jake," he said disapprovingly.

“我会假装没有看到你坐在方向盘后的,杰克。”他不以为然地说道。

"We get permits early on the rez," Jacob said while I unlocked the door and flicked on the porch light.

“在保留区我们会更早地拿到驾照。”雅克布说道。这时我打开门,在门廊里轻拂着头发。

"Sure you do," Charlie laughed.

“你当然会。”查理大笑着说。

"I have to get around somehow." I recognized Billy's resonant voice easily, despite the years. The sound of it made me feel suddenly younger, a child.

“无论如何我都得到处转转。”不管过了多少年,我依然能轻而易举地认出比利洪亮的声音。这声音让我忽然觉得自己小了几岁,还是个孩子。

I went inside, leaving the door open behind me and turning on lights before I hung up my jacket. Then I stood in the door, watching anxiously as Charlie and Jacob helped Billy out of the car and into his wheelchair.

我走进屋,把门敞开着,在挂起我的夹克以前先把灯打开。然后我站在门里,焦急地看着查理和雅克布帮助比利从车里出来,坐到轮椅上。

I backed out of the way as the three of them hurried in, shaking off the rain.

当他们三个冲进来,甩着身上的雨水时,我让开了路。

"This is a surprise," Charlie was saying.

“这实在是个惊喜。”查理说着。

"It's been too long," Billy answered. "I hope it's not a bad time." His dark eyes flashed up to me again, their expression unreadable.

“已经过了很久了。”比利回答道。“我希望那段时间不算太糟糕。”他黑色的眼睛又一次掠过我,眼里的神情让人难以读懂。

"No, it's great. I hope you can stay for the game."

“不,那好极了。我希望你能留下来看比赛。”

Jacob grinned. "I think that's the plan — our TV broke last week."

雅克布咧嘴一笑。“我想计划是这样的——我们的电视机上个礼拜坏掉了。”

Billy made a face at his son. "And, of course, Jacob was anxious to see Bella again," he added. Jacob scowled and ducked his head while I fought back a surge of remorse. Maybe I'd been too convincing on the beach.

比利对自己的儿子作了个鬼脸。“还有,当然,雅克布也渴望着再次见到贝拉。”他补充道。雅克布皱起眉,迅速低下了头。我按捺住了一阵汹涌而至的自责。也许在沙滩上我表现得太令人信服了。

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

重点单词   查看全部解释    
convincing [kən'vinsiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.

联想记忆
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
remorse [ri'mɔ:s]

想一想再看

n. 懊悔,悔恨 n. 怜悯,同情心

联想记忆
resonant ['rezənənt]

想一想再看

adj. 共鸣的,回响的,洪亮的 n. 共鸣声,回响声,

联想记忆
surge [sə:dʒ]

想一想再看

n. 汹涌,澎湃
v. 汹涌,涌起,暴涨

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。