相关专题:
ACT II
Hello there, Robbie. 哈,Robbie。
What are you doing up this late? 这么晚了你还没睡在做什么?
Reading. 读书。
Reading? 读书?
At this hour? 在这个时候?
Ah, come on, Robbie. 噢,算了吧,Robbie。
What are you doing up this late? 这么晚你不睡在干什么?
Things on my mind. 想一些事情。
Do you care to talk about them? 你想谈谈它们吗?
Sure, 当然,
if you don't mind listening. 假如你不介意听的话。
Robbie, Robbie, remember me? Robbie,Robbie,记得我?
I'm your mother. 我是你母亲。
If you have something you want to talk about, 假如你有什么事情要谈,
I'm always prepared to listen. 我总是准备听的。
You haven't been around much lately. 最近你在家的时候不多。
So that's it. 原来是这件事。
OK, let's talk. 好,让我们谈谈。
You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night. 和爸爸就像在夜里交错而过的船一样。
Dad works hard, and he works late. 爸爸工作忙,而且忙到很晚。
You work hard on all your committees, 而你总是在各种委员会忙,
and you work late. 也工作到很晚。
I thought you were proud of the work I do. 我还以为你为我所做的工作感到骄傲呢。
I am, Mom. 我确实感到骄傲,妈妈。
Real proud. 真的骄傲。
You are one fantastic mom, 你是一位好母亲。
but ... but I've been noticing 但……但我注意到
how little quality time 黄金时光太少了
you spend with Dad and me ... and the family. 和父亲,我……及全家人共度的。
It's a real problem, Robbie. 这确实是个问题,Robbie。
I know it. 我知道。
I'm concerned. 我很担心。
There must be a way 总该有个办法
that Dad and you can spend more time together. 能使你和爸爸有更多时间在一起。
Well, we always talk about 说的也是,我们常在谈论
taking a vacation together--with the family. 要一起渡个假---和全家一起。
I think you ought to 我觉得你们应该
take a vacation away from the family--alone. 离开家人而单独在一起渡个假。
Kind of a second honeymoon. 类似二度蜜月的假期。
It would be wonderful, 那倒是很美妙,
but our schedules won't allow it. 但我们的工作时间表不允许这样。
I think I have an idea. 我有一个主意。
You do? 真的?
Yup. 是的。
I think I have an idea 我想我有一个办法
that will bring Dad and you 使你和爸爸
together in a more scheduled way. 能更定时在一起。
What is it? 是什么主意?
Well, 噢,
you know how Dad is always talking about 知道爸爸时常谈起
the kids in the ward 住院的孩子们
and how important it is for them to be paid attention to? 以及他们何等需要受人关怀?
Yes. 是的。