ACT I
Is that you, Susan? 是你吗,Susan?
It's me, Grandpa. 是我,爷爷。
Am I glad to see you! 我看到你真的很高兴!
And am I glad to see you! 我看见你才高兴呢!
I am also glad to be here. 我很高兴来这儿。
How are things? 近况如何?
I have been talking to a group of salesmen 我一直在与一群推销人员谈话
since ten this morning, 从今天上午十点起,
and I'm real exhausted. 我实在是精疲力竭了。
Well, you look good. 嗯,你看起来蛮好的。
What's Harry doing tonight? Harry今晚做什么?
He and Michelle 他和Michelle
are visiting relatives in New Jersey today. 今天去New Jersey拜访亲戚去了。
The rest of our family went to the movies. 我们家的其余的人都去看电影了。
So it's just you and me, Susan. 所以这儿只有你和我,Susan。
It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa. 很高兴单独与你在一起,爷爷。
We don't get to see enough of each other. 我们在一起的时间太少了。
Oh, I feel the same way, Susan. 噢,我也有同样的感受,Susan。
I miss seeing you. 我很想见到你 。
But to tell the truth, 但是老实说,
next time 下一次
I'd like to go into the city and meet you there, 我想到城里看你,
instead of you coming here. 而不是到这儿来。
You don't need to do that, Grandpa. 你不用这样,爷爷。
Yeah, I do. 不,我要这样。
I need to get out more. 我需要多出门去。
Well, I mean 我的意思是
there's a lot to do around the house, 这屋里有很多事可做,