手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第1157期:Teaching Overseas 在海外教学

编辑:aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • So Sarah, you're an English teacher, right?
  • 萨拉,你是名英语老师,对吧?
  • That's right.
  • 没错。
  • You must have taught in many countries before.
  • 你之前一定在很多国家和地区教过英语。
  • Yeah, I did. I taught in the USA, in Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan and Ecuador.
  • 对,没错。我在美国、中国台湾、中国、韩国、日本和厄瓜多尔教过英语。
  • Oh, Ecuador.
  • 哦,厄瓜多尔。
  • Yeah.
  • 对。
  • So you must be able to speak Spanish very well.
  • 那你一定也会说西班牙语。
  • I think so. I studied really hard, and then when I lived in Ecuador, I spent a lot of time talking to people.
  • 是的。我在厄瓜多尔时非常努力地学习了西班牙语,我花很多时间和当地人交谈。
  • Did you teach Spanish, too?
  • 那你也教西班牙语?
  • No, I didn't. When I lived in Ecuador actually, I volunteered for the United Nations.
  • 不教。我在厄瓜多尔生活时,我是联合国的志愿者。
  • Wow.
  • 哇哦。
  • And I taught families and they were being relocated to Canada because they were fleeing the drug wars of Colombia.
  • 我的工作是教一些家庭英语,这些家庭要逃离哥伦比亚的毒品战争,他们会被重新安置在加拿大。
  • Wow.
  • 哇哦。
  • So I felt very badly for these families but they had a really bright future. So that was good.
  • 我为这些家庭感到难过,不过他们有一个非常光明的未来。这很好。
  • But then one week, I had a family, a couple of families and they were being relocated to Sweden.
  • 不过有一周,我教了几个要被重新安置在瑞典的家庭。
  • Oh.
  • 哦。
  • And I said, "I can't teach them Swedish." And the UN said, "Well, maybe just teach them English."
  • 我说,“我不能教他们瑞典语”。联合国方面说,“你就教他们英语吧”。
  • So I thought, they're going to Sweden, they don't need to learn English right now.
  • 可是我想,他们要去瑞典,他们现在不用学英语。
  • And my friend at the time – she's Norwegian, and we were living together.
  • 当时我有个朋友,她是挪威人,我们住在一起。
  • And every day, she helped me to learn a little bit of Swedish.
  • 她每天都帮助我学习一些瑞典语。
  • Just enough for one class so that I could teach these families...
  • 足够我在当天的课上教那些家庭的。
  • Wait, wait. ...some Swedish.
  • 等一下。瑞典语。
  • You were teaching Swedish language? Yes.
  • 你教瑞典语?对。
  • You are an English speaker.
  • 可是你的母语是英语。
  • Yes.
  • 对。
  • You lived in Ecuador. Yes.
  • 你当时在厄瓜多尔生活。对。
  • And a Norwegian person taught you Swedish. Yes.
  • 一个挪威人教你瑞典语。对。
  • So you could teach Swedish to people from Ecuador.
  • 所以你教厄瓜多尔人瑞典语。
  • From Colombia, currently living in Ecuador.
  • 那些人来自哥伦比亚,他们当时住在厄瓜多尔。
  • So they could move to Sweden.
  • 他们要搬去瑞典。
  • Yes.
  • 对。
  • And you did this as a volunteer.
  • 你志愿做这份工作。
  • Yeah. I wanted to help people.
  • 对。我想帮助别人。
  • So I moved to Ecuador and I got a volunteer job with the United Nations to help teach people
  • 所以我去厄瓜多尔做联合国的志愿者,去帮助他人,
  • but I never thought I would be teaching Swedish.
  • 我以前从来没想过我会教瑞典语。
  • Wow.
  • 哇哦。
  • Yeah. It was a lot of fun.
  • 对。那很有趣。
  • I would like to try that someday, too.
  • 如果有机会,我也想尝试一下。
  • You can do it.
  • 你可以的。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

John: So Sarah, you're an English teacher, right?

约翰:萨拉,你是名英语老师,对吧?
Sarah: That's right.
萨拉:没错。
John: You must have taught in many countries before.
约翰:你之前一定在很多国家和地区教过英语。
Sarah: Yeah, I did. I taught in the USA, in Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan and Ecuador.
萨拉:对,没错。我在美国、台湾、中国、韩国、日本和厄瓜多尔教过英语。
John: Oh, Ecuador.
约翰:哦,厄瓜多尔。
Sarah: Yeah.
萨拉:对。
John: So you must be able to speak Spanish very well.
约翰:那你一定也会说西班牙语。
Sarah: I think so. I studied really hard, and then when I lived in Ecuador, I spent a lot of time talking to people.
萨拉:是的。我在厄瓜多尔时非常努力地学习了西班牙语,我花很多时间和当地人交谈。
John: Did you teach Spanish, too?
约翰:那你也教西班牙语?
Sarah: No, I didn't. When I lived in Ecuador actually, I volunteered for the United Nations.
萨拉:不教。我在厄瓜多尔生活时,我是联合国的志愿者。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: And I taught families and they were being relocated to Canada because they were fleeing the drug wars of Colombia.
萨拉:我的工作是教一些家庭英语,这些家庭要逃离哥伦比亚的毒品战争,他们会被重新安置在加拿大。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: So I felt very badly for these families but they had a really bright future. So that was good. But then one week, I had a family, a couple of families and they were being relocated to Sweden.
萨拉:我为这些家庭感到难过,不过他们有一个非常光明的未来。这很好。不过有一周,我教了几个要被重新安置在瑞典的家庭。
John: Oh.
约翰:哦。
Sarah: And I said, "I can't teach them Swedish." And the UN said, "Well, maybe just teach them English." So I thought, they're going to Sweden, they don't need to learn English right now. And my friend at the timeshe's Norwegian, and we were living together. And every day, she helped me to learn a little bit of Swedish. Just enough for one class so that I could teach these families...
萨拉:我说,“我不能教他们瑞典语”。联合国方面说,“你就教他们英语吧”。可是我想,他们要去瑞典,他们现在不用学英语。当时我有个朋友,她是挪威人,我们住在一起。她每天都帮助我学习一些瑞典语。足够我在当天的课上教那些家庭的。
John: Wait, wait.
约翰:等一下。
Sarah: ...some Swedish.
萨拉:瑞典语。
John: You were teaching Swedish language?
约翰:你教瑞典语?
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: You are an English speaker.
约翰:可是你的母语是英语。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: You lived in Ecuador.
约翰:你当时在厄瓜多尔生活。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: And a Norwegian person taught you Swedish.
约翰:一个挪威人教你瑞典语。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: So you could teach Swedish to people from Ecuador.
约翰:所以你教厄瓜多尔人瑞典语。
Sarah: From Colombia, currently living in Ecuador.
萨拉:那些人来自哥伦比亚,他们当时住在厄瓜多尔。
John: So they could move to Sweden.
约翰:他们要搬去瑞典。
Sarah: Yes.
萨拉:对。
John: And you did this as a volunteer.
约翰:你志愿做这份工作。
Sarah: Yeah. I wanted to help people. So I moved to Ecuador and I got a volunteer job with the United Nations to help teach people but I never thought I would be teaching Swedish.
萨拉:对。我想帮助别人。所以我去厄瓜多尔做联合国的志愿者,去帮助他人,我以前从来没想过我会教瑞典语。
John: Wow.
约翰:哇哦。
Sarah: Yeah. It was a lot of fun.
萨拉:对。那很有趣。
John: I would like to try that someday, too.
约翰:如果有机会,我也想尝试一下。
Sarah: You can do it.
萨拉:你可以的。

教学.jpg

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使未经许可请勿转载


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。