欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》
Roberto: All right, let’s get started. I organized this faculty and staff meeting to talk about ideas to improve school security.
罗伯托:好了,咱们开始吧。我组织这个全体教职工校务会议的目的是为改善学校安全而征询大家意见。
Ginny: But we already have controlled access to school buildings, and all of the staff and faculty wear ID badges.
金尼:可是我们已经着手控制学校的外来访客了,而且所有的职工与教师都佩戴着身份牌。

Roberto: Those measures help to keep people out of our school who don’t belong here. But in light of what’s happened at other schools, we need to do more to keep students safe.
罗伯托:这些措施只能保证校外人员远离学校。鉴于其他学校发生的案件,我们还需要采取其他的方案保证学生的人身安全。
Ginny: You mean in the event of bomb threats and mass shootings?
金尼:你是指炸弹袭击和大规模枪击事件?
Roberto: Those are some of the threats we have to prepare for.
罗伯托:这些是我们需要预防的威胁之一。
Ginny: I don’t know how we can prepare for those things.
金尼:我不知道该如何预防这类威胁。
Roberto: Well, we might consider security cameras and armed guards to patrol the school.
罗伯托:嗯,我们可能会加强监控和警卫巡逻力度。
Ginny: Really?
金尼:真的么?
Roberto: Really. We need to develop evacuation plans or procedures for lockdown in the event of an imminent threat.
罗伯托:是的。我们需要制定疏散计划或程序来防范随时会发生的恐怖袭击。
Ginny: This is scary stuff.
金尼:这真是一件可怕的事情。
Roberto: We live in scary times.
罗伯托:我们就生活在一个可怕的时代。
Ginny: It’s starting to feel like we work in a prison, not a school!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载