Dan: Hello, I’m Dan. I’m here to fix your heating system.
丹:你好,我叫丹。我来为您修理制热设备。
Janice: Oh, when I put in the service call, I didn’t expect a repairperson to come out the same day.
贾尼斯:哦,我拨打客服电话的时候,没想到修理员当天就到了。
Dan: I just finished another repair in the neighborhood and the company told me to come by. How long has it been on the fritz?
丹:我刚刚完成附近的修理工作,公司就派我过来看看。这样的故障多久了?
Janice: Well, the boiler hasn’t worked for two months. We used it to heat the basement.
贾尼斯:锅炉坏了有两个月了。我们用这个给地下室供暖。
Dan: But you just called for repairs today.
丹:可是你今天才叫人来修理。
Janice: I didn’t call about the boiler. I called about our radiators. The radiators heat the original part of the house. But we’re also having problems with the furnace for our central heating system, which heats the extension.
贾尼斯:我打电话不是为了修理锅炉。我想要修理散热器。散热器负责为房子的部分房间供暖。但是为分支提供热能的集中供暖系统的锅炉也出现了问题。
Dan: You mean you have two different heating systems in one house?
丹:你是说这件房子有两处不同的供热系统?
Janice: It’s an old house. Each system was installed at a different time.
贾尼斯:这是一栋老式住宅。每个供暖系统都是在不同的时期安装的。
Dan: So you could have problems with more than one thermostat, heating element, fan, or set of ductwork.
丹:所以你家里不止一台恒温器故障,加热装置,风扇和管道系统都出现了问题。
Janice: I know that we should install one system for the whole house, but that would be expensive.
贾尼斯:我知道房子应该安装一处供热系统,但是那样的话价格太高了。
Dan: More expensive than fixing two separate systems?
丹:难道能比修理两个不同的供暖系统的费用还高吗?
Janice: Is this going to cost a lot?
贾尼斯:这种修理费用很高吗?
Dan: I’m afraid so.
丹:恐怕是这样的。
Janice: Well, we can’t afford expensive repairs. I guess we’ll have to use these.
贾尼斯:这么高的维修费用我们负担不了。我想我们还是用这些吧。
Dan: What are those?
丹:这些是什么?
Janice: Space heaters.
贾尼斯:小型暖炉。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载