手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第218期:大学 College

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Now, Shawn, you were just saying that at your university you're the only male student.
  • 肖恩,你刚说你是你们大学中唯一的男学生。
  • Yeah, in my program, I'm the only guy in my class,
  • 没错,就我念的课程来说,我是我们班唯一的男生,
  • and when I signed up for the program I had known this going in to it,
  • 当我报名这个课程时,我就知道这种情况了,
  • so on the first day I was a bit, how-should-I-say, a little bit happy,
  • 所以我第一天去上课的时候,要怎么说呢,我有些许的高兴,
  • so when we were all in the auditorium, getting selected to go to our class,
  • 当我们集中在礼堂等待分班信息时,
  • I was counting all the amount of girls that were in the class
  • 我一直在数班里的女孩人数,
  • and the ratio worked out to about to 48 to 1,
  • 而最终的比例约为48比1,
  • so the first few months, actually the first few weeks were very bit happy
  • 所以前几个月,的确是在前几个月我会感到高兴,
  • but after awhile you just realize, these girls just become your friends
  • 但是过一段时间你就意识到,这些女孩都只是你的朋友,
  • and you're all there for the same purpose to get your education
  • 你和她们来到这里的目的一样,那就是学习,
  • and your mind's not really on, how-should-I-say, meeting the opposite sex in that classroom so surprisingly,
  • 而不是来班里结交异性的,所以有点吃惊的是,
  • wha-chu-call, women aren't that much different than men.
  • 女性与男性没有太大不同。
  • They, it's very cool to be around all these women.
  • 被女孩围绕是件很酷的事情。
  • It's a very good experience, it's, how-should-I-say, it's,
  • 这是个很好的经历,要怎么说呢,
  • I'd say it's made me a better person, maybe a bit more sensitive to their feelings, I'd say and...
  • 这使我成为更优秀的人,也许对她们更体贴了……
  • So you still must get special attention though!
  • 不过你仍然会引起特别关注!
  • Still, must get special attention, um!
  • 的确是,会引起特别关注!
  • Just because I'm the only guy in the class, it doesn't matter.
  • 只因为我是班里唯一的男生,这倒无所谓。
  • You can float around that classroom and talk to anybody you want.
  • 你可以在教室里四处闲逛,和任何你想聊天的人聊天。
  • Some girls cannot float around the classroom and talk to other girls
  • 一些女孩不能在教室里闲逛,和其他女孩聊天,
  • because I'm the only guy in that class it seems that they want the attention regardless if they don't like you or not.
  • 因为我是班里唯一的男性,可能她们想引起注意,而不在乎她们是不是喜欢你。
  • They just want the attention.
  • 她们只是想引起注意。
  • So it's never, it doesn't get lonely in the class because as a guy in the class you'll never stop talking,
  • 所以在教室里不会感到孤独,因为作为班里唯一的男性,你几乎没有不说话的时候,
  • because they want your attention, but it's a very cool experience.
  • 因为她们想引起你的注意,不过这是一次非常酷的体验。
  • OK, well as a teacher, do you think that men teachers think differently that female teachers?
  • 嗯,那就老师来说,你认为男性老师与女性老师的想法不同吗?
  • I'd say, not so much in the classroom setting but in terms with fellow coworkers,
  • 我得说,在教室里没有什么不同,但要是同事的话就不同了,
  • I'd say that men are very, more composed, they don't, how-should-I-say,
  • 男性会更沉着,要怎么说呢,
  • what I've noticed in my program with women having their infighting in the class,
  • 就我在课程里注意到的来说,女性在班里会有内斗,
  • not that they always come to me, it's just that, I'm very composed,
  • 不仅仅是因为她们经常过来找我,我就很沉着,
  • I'm able to, how-should-I-say, not lose my head, not lose my patience right away, so,
  • 怎么说呢,我不会马上失去理智,也不会马上发脾气,
  • but in terms of teaching skills, um, I don't see any difference,
  • 但是要说到教学技巧嘛,我觉得没有什么不同之处,
  • like they're both doing the same type of job, trying to educate young minds,
  • 他们都在做同种类型的工作,试图教育年轻的头脑,
  • so in terms of teaching strategies, it's how-should-I-say, women have, I'd say more of an artistic touch than I do,
  • 在教学策略上面,女性比我有更多的艺术格调,
  • it's, um, I put that as the main difference,
  • 我觉得这是最主要的不同,
  • they're more relaxed singing around the class, whereas I'm just nervous as can be and I don't like doing it, so.
  • 她们会在教室里更放松的唱歌,而我就会非常紧张,我并不想这么做。
  • OK, I agree. I'm the same way when I teach kids.
  • 嗯,我同意。我在教孩子的时候也这样。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
a5!(T.j(n#2#lR

Tzl(1Lu#Vy,vC

重点讲解:
1. sign up for
(和…)签约;雇用;报名(参加课程);
eg. Many men sign up for the army because they can not get ordinary jobs.
由于找不到工作,许我男人都报名参了军bRn5Z)Lu*F2Oyf
eg. Her parents urged her to sign up for a computer course.
父母督促她报名参加计算机课程~C%99iOm%k3]
2. opposite sex
异性;
eg. These people, usually men, seem unable to relate to the opposite sex.
这些人,通常为男性,似乎不懂得如何跟异性相处9JNkg[o|~)qN
eg. Body language can also be used to attract members of the opposite sex.
肢体语言也可以用来吸引异性的注意rh#HwK1hS0znwk
3. lose one's head
不知所措;头脑发昏;没主意;慌里慌张;
eg. He was not a man to lose his head in an emergency.
他这个人在紧急情况下是不会糊涂的ycXGVr~]h6(,=eL
eg. I never thought that I was gonna lose my head
我从没想过我会不知所措G@04fU5wtd&QJ

YPhveoJcGCQAV[

e;i_D+jk^Bdg=MB#N4dwYL|HFaYAWgjqjx
重点单词   查看全部解释    
sensitive ['sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的

联想记忆
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
patience ['peiʃəns]

想一想再看

n. 耐心,忍耐,毅力
n. 单人玩的牌

联想记忆
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
composed [kəm'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 镇静的,沉着的

联想记忆
artistic [ɑ:'tistik]

想一想再看

adj. 艺术的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。