n. 银河,一群显赫之人
您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福词汇 > 胡敏读故事记托福单词 > 正文
- 105 A Gallant Girl
- 第105课 勇敢的女孩
- In about twenty years, we might be flying around the galaxy instead of driving on roads, Alice said.
- 大约20年以后,我们肯能围绕着银河飞行,而不是在路上开车,爱丽丝说。
- I wonder what our garb will look like in the future.
- 我想知道未来我们的服装是怎么样的?
- You might not need to wait twenty years to fly, said Bessie.
- 你也许不用等到20年就可以飞了,贝西说。
- If this gale gets any stronger, it's going to lift our small car off the ground.
- 如果这阵风再大一点,会把我们的小汽车掀离地面的。
- As for the future of garments, I think fashion will become garish.
- 至于未来的衣服,我认为时尚会变得过分装饰的。
- I also think the materials will be made out of recycled garbage.
- 我还觉得材料将从可循环的垃圾中获得。
- Alice gasped. If that's true, I'm going to garner my favorite clothes and save them for the future.
- 爱丽丝喘了一口气。如果真的是那样,我要储藏我最喜欢的衣服,留作未来之用。
- If I look good, maybe I will meet a gallant space pilot who will take me all the way to Saturn to study gaseous clouds.
- 如果我长的漂亮,也许会遇到一个勇敢多情的宇航员,他会带我到土星去研究气态云。
- I wonder how much gasoline it will take to get there.
- 我想知道去那需要多少汽油?
- Very funny, Bessie said.
- 真可笑,贝西说。
- Didn't you hear? Gallantry like that no longer exists.
- 你难道没听说吗?那样的风流韵事不再存在了。
- Anyway, you're looking gaunt.
- 不管怎样,你看上去很憔悴。
- Maybe we should stop at the next town to eat.
- 也许我们应该在下一个小镇停下来去吃饭。
- There's a nice art gallery there.
- 那有个不错的艺术画廊。
- They specialize in galvanized metal sculptures.
- 他们专门收藏镀锌的金属雕塑。
- Okay, Alice said.
- 好的,爱丽丝说。
- Shall we eat first? I hope they put an edible garnish on my fat juicy hamburger.
- 我们先吃饭吗?我希望他们在我的厚实多汁的汉堡包上配一些装饰物。
- I'm really hungry.
- 我真的饿了。
- Remember, we're in Europe, Bessie said.
- 别忘了,我们在欧洲,贝西说。
- We can not afford to be gauche.
- 我们不能举止粗鲁。
- People are gauging our every move.
- 人们在估量我们的每一个举动。
- By the way, is that a gash on your palm?
- 顺便问一下,你手掌上的是一个切口吗?
- Yes, it is, Alice replied.
- 是的,爱丽丝回答。
- I injured it when my hand got caught in the gap between the doors.
- 我的手夹在门缝中间受了伤。
- I am sure it will be okay.
- 我肯定它会好的。
- It's nothing that a gallant girl can't handle.
- 没有勇敢的女孩做不了的事情。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
galaxy n. 星系,银河
gale n. 大风,(突发的)一阵
gallant adj. (对子女)殷勤的;勇敢的
gallantry n. 勇敢
gallery n. 画廊,美术馆
galvanize vt. 电镀,镀锌
gap n. 裂口,缺口;差距
garb n. 服装,装束
garbage n. 垃圾,废物
garish adj. 炫耀的,过分装饰的
garment n. 衣服,外衣
garner v. 收集,储藏
garnish v. 装饰;n. 食物上的装饰物
gaseous adj. 气体的,气态的
gash n. 深的切口
gasoline n. 汽油
gasp v. 喘息,气喘
gauche adj. (举止)笨拙的;(言谈)粗鲁的
gauge vt. 估计,精确计量
gaunt adj. 憔悴的
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: