n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福词汇 > 胡敏读故事记托福单词 > 正文
- 95 The Road Trip
- 第95课 汽车旅行
- This is the most fantastic trip I have ever experienced, said Alice.
- 这是我经历过的最美妙的一次旅行。爱丽丝说,
- Alice had never been to Europe before.
- 爱丽丝以前从没去过欧洲。
- Now, she and her best friend Bessie were driving across Europe in a car.
- 现在她正和她最要好的朋友贝西驱车穿越欧洲。
- It was a dream comes true for both of them.
- 对她们来说,这真是梦想成真。
- It's always been my fantasy to travel abroad.
- 到国外旅游一直是我的梦想。
- I love the women's fashions here.
- 我喜欢这里的女士时装。
- I could shop for hours. The city zoo was interesting too.
- 我可以一连几个小时逛商店。
- The unique fauna fascinated me.
- 城市动物园也很有趣。
- I have never seen zoos like that back home.
- 这里特有的动物群真令我着迷,在国内没见过这样的动物园。
- I really think this is a fateful trip for both of us.
- 我真的觉得对咱两来说这是一次命运攸关的旅行。
- I don't believe in fatalism, Bessie giggled.
- 我不相信宿命论。贝西咯咯地笑着说,
- But I agree that the effects of this trip are far-reaching.
- 但我也认为这次旅行的影响将是长久深远的,
- This trip is going to changes us forever.
- 它将永远地改变我们。
- For now, we should probably fasten our seatbelts.
- 现在,我们可能应该系紧安全带了。
- There have been many fatal crashes in this area.
- 这个地区已有多起撞车致死的事件发生。
- Also, the fatigue of driving is beginning to make me sleepy.
- 再有,开车的劳累让我开始昏昏欲睡了。
- Maybe we should stop, Alice said.
- 也许我们该停下歇会。爱丽丝说,
- Is there a favorable hotel in the area?
- 附近有令人满意的旅馆吗?
- It's not feasible for us to stop now, Bessie replied.
- 现在就停下来是不可行的。贝西回答到。
- There were no lighted areas in sight.
- 周围看不见任何光亮。
- Don't worry, the most favored hotel in the guidebook is just an hour away.
- 不要担心,导游书上提到的那家最优惠的旅馆再过一小时就到了。
- They have floral carpets and golden faucets.
- 那里有印花的地毯和金光闪闪的水龙头。
- The book says it's good enough to please the most fastidious customer.
- 那本书说这家旅馆服务上乘,连最挑剔的顾客也会心满意足的。
- Obviously, they haven't met you, laughed Alice.
- 显然,他们还没碰见你。爱丽丝大笑起来,
- I'm sure you'll find at least one fault.
- 我相信你一定会挑出至少一个毛病来。
- By the way, what did you think of that play we saw last night? Bessie asked.
- 顺便说一句,你认为昨晚那个戏剧怎末样?贝西问。
- It was a fatuous performance, Alice said.
- 真是一场愚昧的演出。爱丽丝说。
- I wonder if it was intended to be a farce.
- 我怀疑他们想把它演成一部闹剧。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
fantastic adj. (非正式)极好的;极大的
fantasy n. 幻想;白日梦
farce n. 闹剧,滑稽剧
far-reaching adj. 影响深远的
fascinate vt. 使着迷,使神魂颠倒
fashion n. 流行,风尚,流行式样;vt. 造成,造
fasten vt. 使固定,系
fastidious adj. 挑剔的,难于讨好的
fatal adj. 致命的
fatalism n. 宿命论
fateful adj. 重大的,决定性的;命中注定的,与命运有关的
fatigue n. 疲乏,劳累
fatuous adj. 愚昧的
faucet n. 水龙头
fault n. 地质学的断层;过错,缺点
fauna n. 动物学,动物区系
favorable adj. 有利的,赞成的;赢得赞许的,让人喜欢的
favored adj. 首选的,受到优待的,优惠的
feasible adj. 切实可行的
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: